Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I need a good tutorial about OSCAR and what I should be looking for
I need a good tutorial about OSCAR and what I should be looking for
I just used OSCAR for the first time and i have no clue how to read and analyze the data.  I've watched a bunch of Youtube videos about OSCAR with the LankyLeft guy named Jason -- he's cool -- but he does not have a good video where he clearly(and briefly) shows what to look for. Someone please share a link or video that i can watch that tell me how to analayze my OSCAR data and what i should be looking for.  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need a good tutorial about OSCAR and what I should be looking for
If you like self help only you can gander at this wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...OSCAR_Help

You can also post OSCAR and members can view and take swings at answers to your questions, comments of symptoms and complaints you issue and such like. And I'm thinking you've already begun using OSCAR.

I'll suggest both methods. Good evening. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to look at this ApneaBoard Wiki article: Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead. The article has old screenshots and refers to SleepyHead, the predecessor to OSCAR. But the graphs and their interpretation are almost the same (but with fewer errors and with more machines covered).

Also there are several articles describing sleep apnea starting at http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...leep_apnea.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the best way to understand what is going on is to post OSCAR and get feedback which you can look at. Most of the time the person responding gives the reason for changes and you can learn what to look for and how to get the best therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 180 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 808 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.