Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I need help- Still fatigued!
I need help- Still fatigued!
Hey guys! So I need some help. I have been compliant with my apap and been using it every night for about 6 months and my AHI has always been consistently under 5 and actually mostly hovering under 3, BUT I just still feel very fatigued during the day! I suspect that I may not be getting the full benefits because I am using the dream wear nasal pillows and I am a mouth breather. I am using a chin strap every night. So I have 2 questions..

Does drooling with nasal pillows indicate bad mouth breathing?

And also can anyone please look at my screen shots and see if my leaks are interfering with my therapy?

Thanks guys! I have tried a FFM but my ahi was always over 5 with it and I had problems with chin tucking. I like the nasal pillows I just need to know if i'm still fatigued because of mouth breathing and leaks.

I'm including screen shots of the past 2 nights on sleepy head.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need help- Still fatigued!
The large leak percentage looks good. It's probably not the reason for fatigue. I suggest closing the right navigation area and hiding the pie chart and calender on the left then repost your charts. It can then show some settings and other info that may help clue in on what's happening.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2019, 09:53 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The large leak percentage looks good. It's probably not the reason for fatigue. I suggest closing the right navigation area and hiding the pie chart and calender on the left then repost your charts. It can then show some settings and other info that may help clue in on what's happening.

Thanks, I have done that for last nights stats..

Post Reply Post Reply
OK that's getting better. Try this unless otherwise indicating you should not, a Minimum pressure bump up of .5 -1.0, it may be needing adjusting again later after viewing results, your Median pressure was 13 or so with a Minimum setting 8.5. It might be good to fine tune that pressure setting a bit.

It doesn't need a repost right away, but I'd probably cancel the VS2 event flag. It will give a cleaner look on the chart, revealing other events better.

"Homework" suggestion:
Try the pressure bump edit of 0.5-1.0 and remove VS2 event flag then post chart tomorrow. Include comments on if it helps you feel better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2019, 10:24 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK that's getting better. Try this unless otherwise indicating you should not, a Minimum pressure bump up of .5 -1.0, it may be needing adjusting again later after viewing results, your Median pressure was 13 or so with a Minimum setting 8.5. It might be good to fine tune that pressure setting a bit.

It doesn't need a repost right away, but I'd probably cancel the VS2 event flag. It will give a cleaner look on the chart, revealing other events better.

"Homework" suggestion:
Try the pressure bump edit of 0.5-1.0 and remove VS2 event flag then post chart tomorrow. Include comments on if it helps you feel better.

Thanks. Do you know how to turn off the v2 snore readings? Also my machine has a flex option and my starting pressure has been 10 and it'll automatically adjust.. should I increase this?
Post Reply Post Reply
What AFlex setting are you using?
To turn off VS2, just go to events in lower left of the charts and you can click event types on and off (green/red).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2019, 10:46 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: What AFlex setting are you using?
To turn off VS2, just go to events in lower left of the charts and you can click event types on and off (green/red).

Oh ok. I thought that meant to turn off the machine from actually recording the v2 snores. It's called "Opti start" It automatically adjusts your starting pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Optistart should start your pressure higher. At 8.5 to 20 cm, you have a lot of pressure fluctuation. I think Dave's recommendations are very sound, but I also think your minimum pressure will end up near 12.0 once optimized.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2019, 10:24 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK that's getting better. Try this unless otherwise indicating you should not, a Minimum pressure bump up of .5 -1.0, it may be needing adjusting again later after viewing results, your Median pressure was 13 or so with a Minimum setting 8.5. It might be good to fine tune that pressure setting a bit.

"Homework" suggestion:

I've included last nights stats. Disabled v2 recording and bumped my min from 8.5 to 12. Feeling slightly better, but still worried that i may be mouth breathing too much.

Post Reply Post Reply
I see you have large leak and bnd which seems to be related to mouth breathing but it’s less than 1% of the night so not significant opunless the leaks and air wake you up
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,809 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
Ohmy 3 years APAP, still fatigued and brainfogged meatwagon42 6 883 11-06-2023, 03:54 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  AHI low but still feel extremely fatigued. saiyangod 5 723 10-19-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  0.0 AHI - Fragmented Sleep and Waking Fatigued Korgunaard 10 1,376 09-08-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Still fatigued after year of treatment Starrve 13 1,560 07-25-2023, 07:12 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need Help - Constantly Fatigued Tron28 15 1,092 07-18-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
Question [Treatment] Low AHI but erratic flowrates, often still fatigued sancardinal15 12 1,323 06-21-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.