Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I need help figuring something out
I need help figuring something out
[attachment=10555]
When looking at the leak rate graph, the leaks are not that bad but in the last hours of my sleep cycle, when most of my hypopneas occur, the mask (full face) flaps at the bottom section making a loud noise that wakes me and I can't go back to sleep. When all this starts I go into the bathroom and try adjusting my mask, but it seems ok. I end up just taking the mask off and laying there until I get up around 6:00. Does anyone have any idea why this happens, and why the last few hours of my sleep cycle?  I am so tired during the day and have no energy to do anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need help figuring something out
Take note, next time this happens, of the position of both your body and your head relative to your body.  If you are on your back, that's generally not conducive to sleeping well IF you also have apnea.  Or snore.  Or both.  If your head is flopped over, or your chin has fallen and your neck is bent, that is bad as well.  If you pressure settings are wide-ranging, an increase in pressure in response might cause the leaking.

Unless the pressure under your mask rises dramatically, I can think of nothing else that would cause leaks at specific times except deformation of the cushion due to contact with something, or else its dislocation over your nose/mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 518 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
Wink Need help figuring out why severe sleep fragmentation from 3-7 am even on autopap HMG7450 2 546 08-14-2023, 04:38 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  I really need help figuring out my settings. Please help!! madamsleepsalot 2 646 12-08-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Brazen
Question Need help figuring where I am at weldon123 6 682 01-05-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] New to CPAP and figuring out how to begin while waiting for consult/tests Pawther 38 3,231 12-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Having a hard time figuring out travel CPAP options vroomvroom 10 2,480 04-25-2019, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Cloudboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.