Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I need help with SD card data
I need help with SD card data
I recently switched from ResMed S9 to ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her.  My S9 machine has the SD card in it currently.  The S10 Airsense Autoset for Her machine, which I purchased from Supplier #2, also has an SD card in it currently.

I have used the S10 machine for 2 nights and this morning I wanted to see what the data was from my 'new' machine, so I popped the S10 SD card into my PC.  Lo and behold the S10 card has data from the previous owner and my question is:  Can I erase that data or should I purchase a completely new SD card from an online merchant?  I don't want someone else's data on my card because Medicare might not take kindly to such a discrepancy between the two users.  I am 100% compliant and the previous owner does not appear to have used the machine for whatever reason for more than one month.

Where is the best place to buy a new SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need help with SD card data
I'm thinking that if you put a new SD card in the Apap, the machine will rewrite the data from the previous user to the new card.

I believe you have to go to the Clinicians settings menu and erase data.  It should ask you if you want to erase all data stored on device and SD card.  Answer y or n.
Device run hours would not be erased.

You would then have to redo all your settings, date, time, etc.  

The only problem I see with this is that you will lose the two days data that are yours.

Since I don't use a ResMed machine, mabye someone else will confirm.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure that resetting the data also changes the settings. However, you need to purge that SD card and erase all the data on the machine in order to get only your therapy results. I would delete all the data out of Sleepyhead and start over. As far as the SD card, you and delete the contents or reformat to FAT32 and it should work just fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to delete all the old data on the SD card that didn't belong to me. I was pleasantly surprised to see that deleting data did not delete my settings. After I deleted the old data, I put the SD card back into the card reader and Sleepyhead was kind enough to read only my data and nothing else.

It might be wishful thinking, but the last two nights with this new machine have been better results than the S9 gave me for quite a while. My hubby who does not have sleep apnea was wondering if the heated hose for the S9 might have had some slight cracks in it thereby allowing massive leaks to happen?

Thank you for the help, it is most appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GrammaBear,
It’s great to hear that you got your new machine set up and you were able to get your SD card straightened out.
I’m glad to hear also that your new machine is working well for you.
Good luck and keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 726 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.