Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night on APAP--what does it mean?
Grin 
RE: First Night on APAP--what does it mean?
Well, with the third night in the books, I went back to the Airfit P10. Took your advice and went to the larger size and although it took a little more maneuvering to initially get it situated, I slept through the night. My AHI crept back up to 4.8, but I slept well and feel rested. No sore nose again, so all in all a good night. I think this combo will work well and I'm sure I'll get more used to it as time goes by.

For some reason last nights download to the SD card didn't produce any graphs in SleepyTime. It did show graphs in ResScan, but only had the summary data in SleepyTime. It showed some funky data on some of the detail. Like zero leakage and zero flow rates. It appears something didn't record correctly. I imported it a second time and SleepyTime reported AHI of 0.0 while the display on the S9 said 4.8 and in ResScan 4.8. This of course screwed up all the average date, etc. I found an option to delete the current day, which corrected the average/composite data.

Not sure what's going on there. I realize ST is still in testing, etc. Just don't want it to corrupt my average data, even if a single day is messed up. Thinking-about

A final question, when and how do you delete data on the data card? No where near full, but haven't seen that addressed anywhere. I always lock the SD card prior to downloading, then unlock when I put it back in the S9.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2015, 07:47 PM)SailingAway Wrote:
Quote:According to the chart presented, most of the apnea events are happening above a pressure of 9 cm/H2O not below it. Second, the charts for flow limitation and snore are right there along with the rest.

Best regards,

PaytonA

Payton, what are you suggesting here? That the pressure is too high?

Sorry, I'm trying to get up to speed on this stuff.

No. Actually only pointing out what appear to me to be observation errors. I generally agree with the recommendations made.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2015, 07:30 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ........
I know Payton A doesn't agree, but that is a good minimum pressure for you. ........

Actually, I agree with that statement.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2015, 09:50 AM)SailingAway Wrote: A final question, when and how do you delete data on the data card? No where near full, but haven't seen that addressed anywhere. I always lock the SD card prior to downloading, then unlock when I put it back in the S9.

Thanks

You don't do that. The S9 will manage the number of days worth of graphical stuff kept on the card. Actually, if you "touch" a file on the card, the S9 will get all cranky about it and insist on re-formatting the card. At which time it will also write all the compliance stuff back out to the newly formatted card.

Good job last night. I think you've got this thing figured out. Let's see what the data shows after tonight and then think about raising the minimum pressure a little bit.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.