Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

Sex: Male

RE: I need to vent
And to be clear, while nothing may likely have happened so far, a standard ploy of many molesters is to slowly up the selection from the herd.

Nothing too scary or too unusual, but find out who is compliant and who is able to meet "little requests" until they can figure out who will not be likely to complain.

It's a tactic employed by many scam artists are well. I think of it as the "Give 'em an inch, they will take a mile" strategy.

If 'caught' or called on the behavior in the early stages, they can just stand back and say, "I did nothing. This means nothing. Nothing happened. What the @#$$ are you talking about?" etc.

Other criminals use this type of ploy as well, even armed robbers may approach, ask for money or compliance but not initially SHOW the weapon. If countered or caught at this stage it can be very difficult to proved the scope of the crime and it might even be impossible (or impractical) to show ANY crime was committed enough to get a conviction.

And to be fair, such criminals are PURPOSELY IMITATING well-meaning, caring, and helpful people who have no bad intentions at all.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 02:07 PM by herbm.)
09-11-2014 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Windows 10 - Install Heads-Up and a Vent Crimson Nape 11 433 07-24-2016 02:51 PM
Last Post: justMongo