Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I ordered a Dreamwear Gel Pillow.
RE: I ordered a Dreamwear Gel Pillow.
Hey all, When I was on a cpap 20 years ago the thing I couldn't stand was the hose in the front. With the DW yeah if your to close to the head board the upper exhaust will sound off. I just slide down. Plus at my age a little noise in the bed room isn't a bad thing.
Laugh-a-lot     Dielaughing
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if this is a good thing or bad. I don't get excited much at all. I just got a text saying my DW Gel pillow was delivered and got excited. Man what has my life gotten to?
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning, I tried my Gel pillow for the first time last night. My AHI was .27. But my leak rate went up. What setting I'm I suppose to use PILLOW or NASAL?

Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine set to pillows.
I would think Nasal would be for the masks that cover the nose, like the N20
Post Reply Post Reply
If you ave the package the gel pillow came in it might have the setting you are looking for on the package. I forgot to check and just left it on the setting for the original Dreamwear--x1
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2017, 06:14 AM)smiledog Wrote: Good morning, I tried my Gel pillow for the first time last night. My AHI was .27. But my leak rate went up. What setting I'm I suppose to use PILLOW or NASAL?

If it provides contact only at the nostril area, then it is a Pillow style mask. If it encompasses the whole nose, then it's a Nasal Mask.

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, I have had a problem with the new Gel pillow, The (approx 1/2 inch) of the nasal prongs made my medium frame to tight. Again I reference my DME, when I received my mask in February no one measured me. The tech just said oh your a medium. That explains a lot of the problems I've had with the regular pillow. I ordered a large frame, I wore it last night. I was much more comfortable and the Gel pillow worked fine last night. I didn't move to my side last night, so I will keep you updated as time goes on. All I can say is I've learned a lot since I started here. My #1 thing is to the DME and the Dr. I'm just a numbe$. I no longer will just sit back and trust company's/heathcare in situations like this.

Post Reply Post Reply
Having now tried Dreamware with gel pillows I have hung it in the closet and gone back to my trusty Nuance Pro. The dreamware leaks, and you have to fiddle with it every time you move. I am a side sleeper, so the headgear is compressed on the side I am sleeping on, causing constriction of the flow to the pillows. Not worth it for the convenience of the top hose.
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2017, 07:56 AM)jsielke Wrote:  I am a side sleeper, so the headgear is compressed on the side I am sleeping on, causing constriction of the flow to the pillows. Not worth it for the convenience of the top hose.

The Dreamwear is designed so that if the flow is constricted on one side it will be made up for on the other side.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience with the pillows is that I can sometime get a restricted flow which wakes me up. It's either the very top of the pillows collapsing inwards or the pillows are too small. To test this I've ordered the medium pillows and have gone back to the nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 452 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,863 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.