Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I ordered a Dreamwear Gel Pillow.
I ordered a Dreamwear Gel Pillow.
Hey everyone, I hope I didn't make a mistake. Has anyone used a supplier from NH. They are'nt on the suppliers list. I don't want to say a name because I don't think it's allowed. If everything goes well I was able to pick up a Dreamwear Gel Pillow at a better price. I wanted to give it a try. As it gets hotter I'm finding myself moving more at night. As a lot of people have said the Dreamwear doesn't work for side sleeping. I can make it work, if I adjust it during the night. I'm doing good to get 5-6 hrs a night sometimes 7 if I'm beat tired. I don't want to lose even 5 minutes if I don't have to.
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I ordered a Dreamwear Gel Pillow.
It's ok to say the name, but not the web address (link).

Many here like the DreamWare mask, but I had a problem with the fit of the nasal cushion, sort of between sizes. Also couldn't maintain a seal, as I sleep on my side.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opalrose, Direct Home Medical out of NH. I was able to save 15 bucks. If there is no problems with them.
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
I use that vendor quite often.  Supplier #26. They are very friendly and if you have a problem, they take care of it.

Good Luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I thought I looked. I missed it on the suppliers list. I feel better now, knowing others here have used them. Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the new Dreamwear gel for the past 10 days and I think it is going to be a keeper! I've had the regular Dreamwear since it first came out but have had problems with it leaking and end up back with my much loved Wisp. However I have a problem with CPAP masks and chin straps putting pressure on my rapidly thinning hair and like the lightweight Dreamwear mask for that reason. It doesn't leak very much at all. I've never worn a nasal mask and it has taken some getting used to and several adjustments. My AHI numbers have been great--two 0.00 AHI in 3 days and a weekly average of 0.3--get I'm getting adjusted to it! There are several threads going to the new gel cushion--or pillow--can't remember its correct name. I think getting the correct size to fit your nose is really important.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have use the Gel Pillows since 5/15

I LOVE THEM!.

Took a couple nights to get used to the pillows (first time using pillows ever)
I need to use a chinstrap
sometimes need to use a mirror to set the pillows (I have odd shaped nostrils)
it had become my go-to mask for a good nights sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm hoping to try this one soon! But I'm not sure if I'll like it.

I love the DreamWear for the hose being above the head, and for not invading my nostrils.

I've recently jumped on the P10 love train because it is quieter than DreamWear.

So... I'm not sure if I'd want to switch back to DreamWear, but still have something up my nose. Actually, I think I just talked myself out of it... because that's what I love most about DreamWear.

Anywho... DreamWear works just fine for me on my side - i just had to size down on the cushion so it's not inclined to shift.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the DW Gel Pillows about 50% of the time (trusty P10 the other 50%), and you've nailed the trade-off. I like the hose on top of the head, the pillows are far more stable (for me) on my side than the prior version, leakage is nothing (like the P10 for me, exception being a stretched strap). However, one false move with the head or the covers or something, get that air exhaust (either one) aimed at a noise maker (or somebody), and it loses its appeal.

I do well with either, really, the are both very comfortable, but there's nothing quieter (that I've used) than the P10 and I've learned how to manage the pitiful headgear. The DW Gel has very good promise, however, if they can somehow diffuse the exhaust.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because my nasal piece on the DW was a small I went for that for the gel pillows. I'm wondering if maybe a medium might have been better or is it that I'm just going to have to adjust to them. Time will tell.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 452 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,863 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.