Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I pressure/E pressure - cause/cure - on CAs
I pressure/E pressure - cause/cure - on CAs
I have heard that pressure differential can both cause and cure CAs. Which is correct?

Can EPR cause or cure CAs? If so, how much? Are BiPaps supposes to help CAs?

Enough questions, I am looking for the science behind CAs and how cure them or prevent CPAP induced CAs.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I pressure/E pressure - cause/cure - on CAs
(06-17-2016, 07:04 PM)Rcgop Wrote: I have heard that pressure differential can both cause and cure CAs. Which is correct?

Can EPR cause or cure CAs? If so, how much? Are BiPaps supposes to help CAs?

Enough questions, I am looking for the science behind CAs and how cure them or prevent CPAP induced CAs.

Machine caused CAs are usually the result of CO2 washout. The Pressure differential between EPAP and IPAP can cause an increase in removal of CO2 from your blood. High IPAP/EPAP differentials are implicated in increased Central Apneas. See: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/304967-treatment A few CAs are acceptable as long as your AHI stays below 5. Sometimes you have to trade off between treating OSA successfully and putting up with a few CAs. If Central Apnea is the primary diagnosis CPAP generally makes things worse as all pressures increase.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,838 11 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 54 Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 95 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 993 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 275 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
  Pressure >20? DakotaNorth 3 98 03-22-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.