Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

I put a new mask cushion on last night
Not the first time I've done that. For some reason it didn't feel the same. It's a genuine ResMed part. It sort of dug into my right cheek a little, and my leak rate went way up. It feels thinner; and doesn't seal as well as my former cushion. I hope this is not a sign of quality reduction.

I don't want to jinx it -- but, my machine seems to be behaving.
I did a power reset on it Monday afternoon; and for two nights it's been reporting my AHI on screen; and has event data for ResScan.
I think it takes more than a few seconds to reset. Must be a big capacitor that needs time to discharge in order to reset to machine.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-20-2014 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Franklyspeaking Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S10 autosense
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironic blue gel mask
Humidifier: Resmed S10 autosense
CPAP Pressure: 4-18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: I put a new mask cushion on last night
(03-20-2014 06:05 PM)justMongo Wrote:  Not the first time I've done that. For some reason it didn't feel the same. It's a genuine ResMed part. It sort of dug into my right cheek a little, and my leak rate went way up. It feels thinner; and doesn't seal as well as my former cushion. I hope this is not a sign of quality reduction.

I don't want to jinx it -- but, my machine seems to be behaving.
I did a power reset on it Monday afternoon; and for two nights it's been reporting my AHI on screen; and has event data for ResScan.
I think it takes more than a few seconds to reset. Must be a big capacitor that needs time to discharge in order to reset to machine.

That's a bummer about your mask. I find a good face washing before bed helps secure the gel mask to my face. Lately it seems less tightness on the straps helps helps mine to seal. I know it sounds nuts but it works for me. It seems like everything costs more, but less quality. They want us to buy more.

My machine was acting up yesterday. I put my mask on and no air. It was complaining about my heated hose. I checked it and it was fine. I unplugged and plugged back in and all was good.

Is your machine pretty new?

Good luck hope all works out.
03-20-2014 06:35 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: I put a new mask cushion on last night
(03-20-2014 06:35 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:  That's a bummer about your mask. I find a good face washing before bed helps secure the gel mask to my face. Lately it seems less tightness on the straps helps helps mine to seal. I know it sounds nuts but it works for me. It seems like everything costs more, but less quality. They want us to buy more.

My machine was acting up yesterday. I put my mask on and no air. It was complaining about my heated hose. I checked it and it was fine. I unplugged and plugged back in and all was good.

Is your machine pretty new?

Good luck hope all works out.

Yes, my machine has about 50 hours on it (6 nights.)
The serial number indicates it was made in 2013.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-20-2014 06:50 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is it time to replace cushion on the mask worthog 3 221 11-26-2016 10:50 PM
Last Post: GP49
  Airfit P10 Cushion Deal edfreeman 18 890 09-26-2016 05:10 AM
Last Post: pupcamper
  AHI going up - time to change mask cushion? Lanco 6 521 09-18-2016 06:51 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Where to buy Amara Full Face Mask Cushion in Philippines weeapnea 5 268 09-08-2016 01:07 AM
Last Post: weeapnea
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,329 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  First Night using Simplus Mask SkinTone 17 835 08-14-2016 02:54 PM
Last Post: chill
  [CPAP] Needing help (Keeping mask on at night) naata 18 744 08-05-2016 11:48 AM
Last Post: icyura10