Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I really think my sleep apnea is killing me. :(
RE: I really think my sleep apnea is killing me. :(
There is a rule here not to use the names of suppliers. There is a supplier list page, and their info is on that page. There is a link at the top of the page. The list is here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

From the sounds of it a new mask would be a start. Some suppliers will let you buy and try masks. If they don't fit, you can return or exchange them. I'm not sure if you need a prescription for masks or not.

Another good spot for used gear is Craig's List. You will have to know what you are buying. I think the 2 most popular brands are Philips Respironics and Resmed. In the past year they have both released a "10" series line of machines. That makes their "9" series less valuable, although they are great units that have excellent data reporting, humidifiers and function perfectly.

Tip: When you use a humidifier you should get the heated hose to prevent moisture, or as we call it "rain out".

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2016, 03:44 AM)player Wrote: There is a rule here not to use the names of suppliers. There is a supplier list page, and their info is on that page. There is a link at the top of the page. The list is here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

The rule is not to use LINKS. You can say names. The names you say just can't be a URL. Lots of folks say "Apria" all the time in the forum, though almost never to send a person to them for service. Saying "Secondwind" instead of "Supplier #2" should be good also. But if you want to be able to send someone to their site, you can't add a "dotcom". To get somebody to their site, they have to go to the trouble of finding the supplier list and clicking the link there or googelating the name.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I gotcha. Makes sense. I will check out the websites and see if I can find anything that would better suit my needs. I think the card reader is probably most important right now for my existing machine. One step at a time. Sigh.
Post Reply Post Reply
Helllo there. I am in Australia so I don't know too much about your health care system so I will defer to the local fellas and girls. The only thing I can add is this. Use this forum and you will get some great advice. Things will start to improve and you will feel better and some weight will be lifted off your shoulders. You are not alone on your journey. Stick with it matey.

James
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I really appreciate the support! The healthcare system here is awful by the way.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2016, 03:47 PM)mosesport Wrote: Thank you! I really appreciate the support! The healthcare system here is awful by the way.

Before you spend money elsewhere, go to Supplier #1 and check out the Philips Respironics System One 60 Series Auto CPAP. It is currently selling for only $314...$344 with the heated humidifier and heated hose options. That is a rocking solid deal on a new, fully data capable auto CPAP. Seriously, beg, borrow, plead, but get this machine. You will need a prescription. Any doctor you have a relationship should be willing to help based on your history.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 has reasonable prices, and a supplier I have done a lot of business with. Very good selection and service
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 347 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 286 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 123 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.