I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years!
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

Sex: Male

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years!
Sure, a low AHI is likely the biggest part of it.

I went from around 5 trips per night (2-7 with 2 being rare) so 0-2 trips per night after a few weeks.

Lately, I have been getting up at least once, but a lot of nights in the past year were trip free. (I tend to wake briefly to turn over every few hours in any case.)

Congratulations! That is a very noticeable and easy to document improvement.

Sweet Dreams,

Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 08:57 AM by herbm.)
02-09-2015 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Res Med Air Sense 10 Auto Set
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed S10 37028
CPAP Pressure: 4-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: 3 brothers on CPAP; rescue mom to Bootsie Bella; wishes the APAP matched the decor in my bedroom :)

Sex: Female

RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years!
(02-05-2015 04:07 PM)TheManseHen Wrote:  

Pappies...I know it won't necessarily replicate, again for a while, maybe not ever, but, for the first time in 14 years, after 41 nights of c-pap... I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight through without a LOO trip.Sleep-on-pillow
Yes I may have stirred in my sleep, but I did not feel the need to skip to the LOO. And when I woke the pee was YELLOW as it should be, not clear from a night of peeing. I was and am so happy.

Do I feel amazing? Not yet, but I definitely felt that there was something different about last night...In the past three or four nights I've had more dreams that were pleasant enough and memorable and I note that the bed covers are all akimbo, as they were in my earlier years of good sleep.

WHAT you may ask, was different...Having read enough posts, not one's I was searching for, but just randomly due to title, I noted someone suggested that humidity in the hose could contribute to loo trips for some. Now maybe that isn't why last night was better, maybe it was just a coincidence, but for the heck of it, I
gave my nose extra tlc in case of dryness issues, and reduced my humidity which the DME had set to 4, down to 1.

Do you all think it could have made the difference, or just coincidence?

Either way, I am rejoicing today, knowing that it may not stay is a glorious wonderful thing. God be praised! And the apnea board be thanked for your wonderful posts and help to so many.

Susan aka THE HEN.

WooHOOOOO - that's awesome Susan! What a great thing it is to sleep through isn't it! Congrats! I'm sure there will be more! Can you see me poking my head out of a snowbank? Been working three day weeks cuz they keep shutting down for these storms - just lovin' it!!! Big Grin
02-09-2015 07:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  DreamStation - Can I use SD card and modem at same time? mcsheltie 2 54 Today 04:48 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  screen time out metropical 7 214 10-25-2016 10:38 PM
Last Post: Sleepyb
  Just Started Using an Auto CPAP this week for 1st time ApneaintheATL 4 279 10-14-2016 06:06 PM
Last Post: player
  [Equipment] Blower Hours duffer54 6 253 10-10-2016 11:21 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  was diagnosed with apnea 10 years ago.... last sleep study came back negative LB1982 13 847 10-08-2016 07:34 PM
Last Post: lab rat
  [CPAP] Time to replace wifes machine 420benz 6 366 10-04-2016 10:58 AM
Last Post: 420benz
Smile First-time Bi-Level user to be - Need Help! TeddyBear777 8 400 09-27-2016 06:38 AM
Last Post: OpalRose