Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years!
RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years!
Sure, a low AHI is likely the biggest part of it.

I went from around 5 trips per night (2-7 with 2 being rare) so 0-2 trips per night after a few weeks.

Lately, I have been getting up at least once, but a lot of nights in the past year were trip free. (I tend to wake briefly to turn over every few hours in any case.)

Congratulations! That is a very noticeable and easy to document improvement.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years!
(02-05-2015, 04:07 PM)TheManseHen Wrote:

Pappies...I know it won't necessarily replicate, again for a while, maybe not ever, but, for the first time in 14 years, after 41 nights of c-pap... I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight through without a LOO trip.Sleep-on-pillow
Yes I may have stirred in my sleep, but I did not feel the need to skip to the LOO. And when I woke the pee was YELLOW as it should be, not clear from a night of peeing. I was and am so happy.

Do I feel amazing? Not yet, but I definitely felt that there was something different about last night...In the past three or four nights I've had more dreams that were pleasant enough and memorable and I note that the bed covers are all akimbo, as they were in my earlier years of good sleep.

WHAT you may ask, was different...Having read enough posts, not one's I was searching for, but just randomly due to title, I noted someone suggested that humidity in the hose could contribute to loo trips for some. Now maybe that isn't why last night was better, maybe it was just a coincidence, but for the heck of it, I
gave my nose extra tlc in case of dryness issues, and reduced my humidity which the DME had set to 4, down to 1.

Do you all think it could have made the difference, or just coincidence?

Either way, I am rejoicing today, knowing that it may not stay around...it is a glorious wonderful thing. God be praised! And the apnea board be thanked for your wonderful posts and help to so many.

Susan aka THE HEN.

WooHOOOOO - that's awesome Susan! What a great thing it is to sleep through isn't it! Congrats! I'm sure there will be more! Can you see me poking my head out of a snowbank? Been working three day weeks cuz they keep shutting down for these storms - just lovin' it!!! Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,078 4 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 9 101 4 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 95 7 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 136 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 183 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 123 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 268 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.