Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years!
Grin 
I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years!

Pappies...I know it won't necessarily replicate, again for a while, maybe not ever, but, for the first time in 14 years, after 41 nights of c-pap... I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight through without a LOO trip.Sleep-on-pillow
Yes I may have stirred in my sleep, but I did not feel the need to skip to the LOO. And when I woke the pee was YELLOW as it should be, not clear from a night of peeing. I was and am so happy.

Do I feel amazing? Not yet, but I definitely felt that there was something different about last night...In the past three or four nights I've had more dreams that were pleasant enough and memorable and I note that the bed covers are all akimbo, as they were in my earlier years of good sleep.

WHAT you may ask, was different...Having read enough posts, not one's I was searching for, but just randomly due to title, I noted someone suggested that humidity in the hose could contribute to loo trips for some. Now maybe that isn't why last night was better, maybe it was just a coincidence, but for the heck of it, I
gave my nose extra tlc in case of dryness issues, and reduced my humidity which the DME had set to 4, down to 1.

Do you all think it could have made the difference, or just coincidence?

Either way, I am rejoicing today, knowing that it may not stay around...it is a glorious wonderful thing. God be praised! And the apnea board be thanked for your wonderful posts and help to so many.

Susan aka THE HEN.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight;First time in 14 years!
You Go Girl!!!!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess -- soon you'll be sleeping even more hours.
As for humidity setting versus trips to the loo -- I would think that unlikely.
Even at 41 nights you are still adjusting to a new norm.
Your PAP machine is likely keeping your blood pressure from spiking during what would have been apneas; in-turn, the renin, angiotensin, ADH and aldosterone pathways are not as active in telling the kidneys to shed more water.

I sleep 8 hours +/- 1 every night except the occasional night when I only sleep 6 hours.
I showed a printout to my primary care doctor who was almost stunned at my sleeping 8 hours.

I too have experienced more dreaming. I only remember the dream that occurs just before waking -- but, I actually look forward to dreaming.

I've been paping for 5+ years now; and one thing I have for the first time is a set bedtime.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Im not sure the humidity setting would cause a person to absorb enough water to make them go to the bathroom. There really isnt that much water in the tank when its full. It would be like sipping on that amount of water for the hours you sleep if you used all the water in the tank.

But the humidity setting be lower could be more comfortable for you someway and as a result you slept sounder and longer.

Or your brain may just now be beginning to figure out it can actually rest instead of stay on guard to wake you up instead of let you smother to death.

Hard to say really. But GOOD FOR YOU.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2015, 04:07 PM)TheManseHen Wrote:

Pappies...I know it won't necessarily replicate, again for a while, maybe not ever, but, for the first time in 14 years, after 41 nights of c-pap... I slept 7 hours and 10 mins straight through without a LOO trip.Sleep-on-pillow
Yes I may have stirred in my sleep, but I did not feel the need to skip to the LOO. And when I woke the pee was YELLOW as it should be, not clear from a night of peeing. I was and am so happy.

Do I feel amazing? Not yet, but I definitely felt that there was something different about last night...In the past three or four nights I've had more dreams that were pleasant enough and memorable and I note that the bed covers are all akimbo, as they were in my earlier years of good sleep.

WHAT you may ask, was different...Having read enough posts, not one's I was searching for, but just randomly due to title, I noted someone suggested that humidity in the hose could contribute to loo trips for some. Now maybe that isn't why last night was better, maybe it was just a coincidence, but for the heck of it, I
gave my nose extra tlc in case of dryness issues, and reduced my humidity which the DME had set to 4, down to 1.

Do you all think it could have made the difference, or just coincidence?

Either way, I am rejoicing today, knowing that it may not stay around...it is a glorious wonderful thing. God be praised! And the apnea board be thanked for your wonderful posts and help to so many.

Susan aka THE HEN.

Susan,
Way to go! Too-happy-2
I dont know about the humidify making a difference, but it is an amazing feeling to
sleep that long without interruptions.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also note, it is the first 3 days in a row with AHI under 5.0 Could that be why?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2015, 06:34 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: I also note, it is the first 3 days in a row with AHI under 5.0 Could that be why?

Like chicken soup -- "Couldn't hurt!"
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
congrats!

cpap is definitely a win for me, but I am still waiting for a truly awesome new normal Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Susan,
It's great to hear you got such a good sleep last night and that you're getting your AHI below 5, WOOHOO, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2015, 06:34 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: I also note, it is the first 3 days in a row with AHI under 5.0 Could that be why?

Well, absolutely it could be why.

If your AHI is 5 that means you are being strangled 5 times per hour, and each time your system responds by pouring stress hormones into your bloodstream, which induces urine to form. It seems pretty obvious that the fewer times you are strangled the less urine will form.

I had to get up once a night every night for the 5 years previous to xPAP, which my doctor said was normal at my age. But starting the first night on xPAP and now 6 months later, I have not had to get up once.

But I still have to go when I get up finally, except that is not why I get up.

It also helps not to drink anything an hour before bed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 285 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.