Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I think I have a brick???
RE: I think I have a brick???
(04-12-2014, 11:15 AM)critterdoc Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 10:01 AM)Dgsr Wrote: When I first got my vpap, I was told it would be the "auto" model. I shows up and it was the "S" model (still a fine machine, no brick, but I wanted the auto feature moving forward).

I discussed the issue with them, and they tried to tell me it would be more, and I would have to change prescriptions, and things to get me to take the "S" home with me that day. I insisted for the auto, and said I had no problem speaking with my doctor to get a new prescription. They called later that day and said the cost difference was almost nothing and they would NOT need my doctor to change the prescription over to an "auto" model.

Sometimes it's not about the bottom line as much as it is the person working that day just doesn't want to work more than they have to.

Critter, I'm glad you were able to get a nice unit. You really are the only person that will properly monitor the device, and you're handicapped without the proper data logging.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I'd imagine that it won't be long before I start pondering my next step beyond the current machine but for now I'm enjoying the introduction to the Royal Order Of The Hoseheads.

Post Reply Post Reply
I know what you mean about the fight. I'm new to this as well, but thankfully this board clued me in to a few things before I got my machine. If it wasn't for this board, I would have a brick. My doctor prescribed an APAP machine. The medical supplier tried to give me the S9 Escape Auto. I told them it won't give enough data for me, that I wanted a full auto machine. Then they tried to say I could add a ResTracker to it. Thanks to the people at this board though, I learned that the PRS01 machines are cheaper than the S9's. So I pushed until I got the DS560TS. I finally talked them into it, but they wouldn't give a heated hose with it, just a regular one. Sometimes you gotta pick your battles. In the end, I have the right machine and am learning how to sleep with it.

On a side note, because I pushed them into the PRS01 and away from the S9 Escape which they had already programmed, They had to program the PRS01 in front of me, and they accidentally left the clinician manual in the bag. So if anyone needs it scanned, let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2014, 09:26 PM)sibertiger Wrote: They had to program the PRS01 in front of me, and they accidentally left the clinician manual in the bag. So if anyone needs it scanned, let me know.
Please send it to SuperSleeper, just in case its different from the ones been distributed Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Brick" error in Oscar for Resmed Vauto? Sleeper512 5 1,151 12-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeper512
  AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue cptnjoao 4 1,000 10-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] My Brick Report SkiSmuggs 13 2,340 07-28-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SkiSmuggs
  Yet another BAMBOOZLED sucker - I got a brick, now what? Nicholas 42 6,500 05-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Nicholas
  Upgrade from brick stanleydean 9 1,982 03-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Guys I got a brick. UKwildcatfan 46 6,349 03-18-2017, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Mark71
  Dreamstation cpap brick to auto cpap. kadaroten 5 2,284 09-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.