Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I think I'm doing it wrong
I think I'm doing it wrong
When I pull my SD card; and read it into ResScan, I have been permitting the card to overwrite prior sessions for which data high rate data has already imported.

In reviewing, I just noticed that I lost high rate flow and pressure data for days that I had it in ResScan.

I should be telling ResScan to not overwrite -- correct? Oh-jeez
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I think I'm doing it wrong
(05-02-2014, 03:56 PM)justMongo Wrote: I should be telling ResScan to not overwrite -- correct? Oh-jeez
I tell him to discard Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the S8 version of data card and reader. I overwrite every time and have not lost anything. I guess it might be different for the S9 version.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2014, 04:14 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 03:56 PM)justMongo Wrote: I should be telling ResScan to not overwrite -- correct? Oh-jeez
I tell him to discard Coffee
I think we have a winner...
[Image: King.gif]
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 I noticed is a bit quirky..

If you delete your data from your card in the computer, put it back into the S9, it writes the last days data (non detailed).

If you then read the data back into your ResScan software, and do not discard the dupe data, you no longer have any detailed data for that day:-(

Definitely suggest do not over write anything, just discard the dupe info.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2014, 06:13 PM)Laz Wrote: The S9 I noticed is a bit quirky..

If you delete your data from your card in the computer, put it back into the S9, it writes the last days data (non detailed).

If you then read the data back into your ResScan software, and do not discard the dupe data, you no longer have any detailed data for that day:-(

Definitely suggest do not over write anything, just discard the dupe info.

I always slide the lock tab ON when I read it with the computer. When reading the card, ResScan asks if I wish to overwrite or discard data for days I have already downloaded. I've been letting ResScan overwrite data stored in the program; and I am then losing the high rate data for those days.

I can rebuild the data in ResScan -- I always copy the SD card to a folder. In theory, I could write each of those folders onto a clean SD card -- and read them in one by one (not permitting Overwrite.)

In fact, I might just use that technique to rebuild my database when my new Windows 7 computer arrives.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2014, 06:42 PM)justMongo Wrote: I can rebuild the data in ResScan -- I always copy the SD card to a folder. In theory, I could write each of those folders onto a clean SD card -- and read them in one by one (not permitting Overwrite.)

In fact, I might just use that technique to rebuild my database when my new Windows 7 computer arrives.

I have most of my data since I started using the unit.. I copy it to my computer. I do keep the data on the SD quite "clean" never more than a couple of weeks. I check my data weekly and clean the card.

Sadly I did not notice originally when I started using the machine something removed the detailed data for the first while. But now I always do a data dump before I even load into ResScan. I allow SleepyHead to read out of the data directory on the computer.

This for me seems to work well.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, Laz, how about updating/correcting your profile to display what you are currently using? Huhsign
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Overwriting is perfectly find -- a bit slower I presume (but I haven't measured.)

You NEED to overwrite anytime you have MORE data for the SAME day, e.g., you took a nap with that card in the machine, loaded the data, then slept the night with the card in the machine again. If you don't do that you will only get the FIRST data load for any particular day.

I generally say Discard, but use Overwrite quite often.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2014, 10:35 PM)herbm Wrote: You NEED to overwrite anytime you have MORE data for the SAME day, e.g., you took a nap with that card in the machine, loaded the data, then slept the night with the card in the machine again. If you don't do that you will only get the FIRST data load for any particular day.

No need to ever select Overwrite.

If we want to import more data for a day we have already imported data for and then slept again, we should delete only the day we want to overwrite, and then import normally (selecting discard).

To delete any single day, in the Browser panel along the lefthand side of ResScan simply right click on the day and select Delete Session.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 471 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 673 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.