Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

Sex: Male

RE: I think I'm doing it wrong
(05-03-2014 02:19 PM)vsheline Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 10:35 PM)herbm Wrote:  You NEED to overwrite anytime you have MORE data for the SAME day, e.g., you took a nap with that card in the machine, loaded the data, then slept the night with the card in the machine again. If you don't do that you will only get the FIRST data load for any particular day.

No need to ever select Overwrite.

If we want to import more data for a day we have already imported data for and then slept again, we should delete only the day we want to overwrite, and then import normally (selecting discard).

To delete any single day, in the Browser panel along the lefthand side of ResScan simply right click on the day and select Delete Session.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

How do you delete just one day with Rescan?

I don't know how to do that.

Perhaps you are confusing it with SleepyHead, where that is THE CORRECT way to add data to a day that already has (some) data.

In Rescan (even if you can delete the one day) it is actually SIMPLER to just overwrite, and it causes no problem.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
05-03-2014 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(05-03-2014 03:56 PM)herbm Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 02:19 PM)vsheline Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 10:35 PM)herbm Wrote:  You NEED to overwrite anytime you have MORE data for the SAME day, e.g., you took a nap with that card in the machine, loaded the data, then slept the night with the card in the machine again. If you don't do that you will only get the FIRST data load for any particular day.

No need to ever select Overwrite.

If we want to import more data for a day we have already imported data for and then slept again, we should delete only the day we want to overwrite, and then import normally (selecting discard).

To delete any single day, in the Browser panel along the lefthand side of ResScan simply right click on the day and select Delete Session.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

How do you delete just one day with Rescan?

I don't know how to do that.

Perhaps you are confusing it with SleepyHead, where that is THE CORRECT way to add data to a day that already has (some) data.

In Rescan (even if you can delete the one day) it is actually SIMPLER to just overwrite, and it causes no problem.

Hi herbm,

To delete any single day, in the Browser panel along the lefthand side of ResScan, simply right click on the day and select Delete Session.

I suggest it is safer to always select Discard, after deleting any days we want to overwrite

I think ResScan occasionally does delete some of the data if the card no longer holds High Rate data, or no longer holds Detailed Data, but I am not sure what combination of contributing causes is needed for data to be lost. Sometimes nothing is lost. It may be influenced by the exact version of ResScan, whether the card was most recently reformatted by the machine itself or by a laptop, how many new sessions are being downloaded, and perhaps by other things, too.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 07:12 PM by vsheline.)
05-03-2014 07:08 PM
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

Nope -- there is no problem after MANY days of choosing Overwrite.

It's just not an issue.

It is nice to know there is a way to delete a single day -- I had never actually ever clicked on the browser pain Smile

However the two step process (and remembering to do it before loading data) just isn't necessary in Rescan although that is the only way that I have found to get the full day's data in SleepyHead.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
05-03-2014 07:55 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  snoring has increased what is wrong? irenek2013 7 463 08-15-2016 11:10 PM
Last Post: irenek2013
Question wrong time in apnea bord soft natyprueba 2 263 07-15-2016 12:13 PM
Last Post: natyprueba
  Help on stats: what's wrong? Visitor 15 924 06-06-2016 12:55 AM
Last Post: Visitor
  Am I doing something wrong? whitetail 6 696 03-24-2016 11:25 PM
Last Post: Napmeister
  Can sleep studies be wrong? shewhorn 14 1,292 03-04-2016 03:15 PM
Last Post: shewhorn
  Looks like I did everything wrong. I need help okrobie 92 8,426 12-26-2015 02:13 PM
Last Post: okrobie
  What's wrong with this picture? DeepBreathing 13 1,653 11-23-2015 12:05 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper