Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I think I'm doing it wrong
RE: I think I'm doing it wrong
(05-03-2014, 02:19 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 10:35 PM)herbm Wrote: You NEED to overwrite anytime you have MORE data for the SAME day, e.g., you took a nap with that card in the machine, loaded the data, then slept the night with the card in the machine again. If you don't do that you will only get the FIRST data load for any particular day.

No need to ever select Overwrite.

If we want to import more data for a day we have already imported data for and then slept again, we should delete only the day we want to overwrite, and then import normally (selecting discard).

To delete any single day, in the Browser panel along the lefthand side of ResScan simply right click on the day and select Delete Session.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

How do you delete just one day with Rescan?

I don't know how to do that.

Perhaps you are confusing it with SleepyHead, where that is THE CORRECT way to add data to a day that already has (some) data.

In Rescan (even if you can delete the one day) it is actually SIMPLER to just overwrite, and it causes no problem.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2014, 03:56 PM)herbm Wrote:
(05-03-2014, 02:19 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 10:35 PM)herbm Wrote: You NEED to overwrite anytime you have MORE data for the SAME day, e.g., you took a nap with that card in the machine, loaded the data, then slept the night with the card in the machine again. If you don't do that you will only get the FIRST data load for any particular day.

No need to ever select Overwrite.

If we want to import more data for a day we have already imported data for and then slept again, we should delete only the day we want to overwrite, and then import normally (selecting discard).

To delete any single day, in the Browser panel along the lefthand side of ResScan simply right click on the day and select Delete Session.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

How do you delete just one day with Rescan?

I don't know how to do that.

Perhaps you are confusing it with SleepyHead, where that is THE CORRECT way to add data to a day that already has (some) data.

In Rescan (even if you can delete the one day) it is actually SIMPLER to just overwrite, and it causes no problem.

Hi herbm,

To delete any single day, in the Browser panel along the lefthand side of ResScan, simply right click on the day and select Delete Session.

I suggest it is safer to always select Discard, after deleting any days we want to overwrite

I think ResScan occasionally does delete some of the data if the card no longer holds High Rate data, or no longer holds Detailed Data, but I am not sure what combination of contributing causes is needed for data to be lost. Sometimes nothing is lost. It may be influenced by the exact version of ResScan, whether the card was most recently reformatted by the machine itself or by a laptop, how many new sessions are being downloaded, and perhaps by other things, too.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope -- there is no problem after MANY days of choosing Overwrite.

It's just not an issue.

It is nice to know there is a way to delete a single day -- I had never actually ever clicked on the browser pain Smile

However the two step process (and remembering to do it before loading data) just isn't necessary in Rescan although that is the only way that I have found to get the full day's data in SleepyHead.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 471 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 673 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.