Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I think I'm doing ok..
RE: I think I'm doing ok..
I believe that you could easily challenge both of those decisions.

1 The cops have no medical qualifications to allow them suspend your licence on the spot. They can do it for the likes of dangerous driving (requires evidence) and obviously for driving with a blood alcohol level above 1.0. Apart from that they can't do anything else, only a court can do that. Did your licence suspension go through the courts?

I extracted this from NSW Roads

Conditions which affect safe driving

Various medical conditions can affect your ability to drive safely, for example:
  • Blackouts, fainting or other sudden periods of unconsciousness
  • Vision problems
  • Heart disease or stroke
  • Epilepsy
  • Sleep disorders
  • Diabetes
  • Psychiatric disorders
  • Neurological disorders
  • Age-related decline.
Usually, this doesn’t mean that you can’t drive at all, but you may need to provide a satisfactory medical report before you can apply for, or renew your licence. In some cases you may also be required to pass a driving test.

Driving fatigue is so common an Aussie roads that either your accident was spectacular or you got the wrong cop/doctor. The number of truckies I know who have OSA yet don't do anything about it is frightening.

I had my lawyers on it straight away... 

My suspension and subsequent test requirements where as is required by NSW law. 
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.