Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I think my mask is causing eye bags when I wake up
RE: I think my mask is causing eye bags when I wake up
(06-27-2016, 06:37 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I have tried the Swift FX and the P10 only. the FX did not hit any lower than the P10, and the jetstream of air.... was *much* worse on my eyes than what I get through my lovely diffused little P10 (the diffuser is it's biggest selling point...)

Hmmmmm. I guess it doesn't matter where the straps hit my face so much, but more how tight they are. With the DreamWear I had to keep it tight enough on my face so the seal didn't break, which pushed my cheeks up. Maybe that's because of its design not being true pillows and cushions instead...

Did you find either of those models "pushing" the skin on your face up too much?
Post Reply Post Reply
not pushing. laying on the skin - but with enough pressure to leave a slight mark (i mark really easily) The P10 puts the majority of the pressure on the nose. If it is too tight , you get the piggy nose thing. With the FX, the jet stream of air coming out the vent would boomerang off of pillows sheets blankets or something and into my eyes. The puffiness looked like I had cried for hours.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2016, 07:03 PM)DariaVader Wrote: not pushing. laying on the skin - but with enough pressure to leave a slight mark (i mark really easily) The P10 puts the majority of the pressure on the nose. If it is too tight , you get the piggy nose thing. With the FX, the jet stream of air coming out the vent would boomerang off of pillows sheets blankets or something and into my eyes. The puffiness looked like I had cried for hours.

Thank you, that's very helpful! A jet stream of air in the eyes does not sound like fun, lol! You'd think they'd user-test these things more first...
Post Reply Post Reply
honestly, some others like it. I am a side sleeper, which definitely makes a dif in mask choice. I have a short round face, and a small head. I am overly sensitive to air, and a fan in the room can make all my muscles lock up like nobodies business, unless it's 100 out, and even then i really dont like much air blowing *on* me. I have a lot of trouble with puffy eyes for a variety of reasons (as above). truly, ymmv when it comes to these, however I will say that a *lot* of folk like the P10.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2016, 08:48 PM)DariaVader Wrote: honestly, some others like it. I am a side sleeper, which definitely makes a dif in mask choice. I have a short round face, and a small head. I am overly sensitive to air, and a fan in the room can make all my muscles lock up like nobodies business, unless it's 100 out, and even then i really dont like much air blowing *on* me. I have a lot of trouble with puffy eyes for a variety of reasons (as above). truly, ymmv when it comes to these, however I will say that a *lot* of folk like the P10.

I see. I am a side sleeper, long/oval face. Not sure if I have a big head or not Too-funny

I have a fan running in my room at night because I need white noise to sleep, but not blowing right on me...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 253 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 492 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 3 314 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: urachan
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 405 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 273 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Low AHI - Why do I wake up? jkjsdflljkasdf9 3 406 02-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 475 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.