Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I think things are getting better.......
RE: I think things are getting better.......
Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about. These things show up at various places throughout the graph. There's also the event pointers, but those are clearly marked, I have no idea what these are.

[Image: FlowRate.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a clue. Post this image in the SleepyHead thread and perhaps folks will know.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-JediMark
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2012, 07:13 AM)ImReallyTired Wrote: Lastly, one more question. In the SleepyHead Flow Rate graph, I see little dots here and there directly over the actual waveforms.

I believe this might be unidentified events. Remember that this is beta software. Data is stored on the card and it's up to the author to try and figure out what it all means. There's some kind of issue with Vibratory Snore events. I've looked at the way SH reports them, and the way Encore reports them is different. The bottom line is this. I think thise unidentified dots are things the author is still trying to figure out, and they may be unique to PRS1 machines.

Quote:I haven't been able to figure out what they are, does anyone know? Oh wait, one other question, in the same graph every now and then I see an area highlighted in green, any ideas on that one?

Those are Periodic Breathing events. When in the Daily view, click on the Events tab on the panel in the bottom left corner of your screen. Click on the plus sign next to Periodic Breathing events and you can see all of them. Click on any one of them and the Flow Rate graph automatically zooms in on it. This is true of all events. The number in parenthesis is, I think, somehow related to the length of the event. Often we're concerned with events that last the longest, so this makes them easy to find and examine.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had a few "unspecified apnea events". In the flow rate, they are identified by a dot and a line like the others and are labeled "A" (vs OA, CA, or H).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
resscan shows unknown apnea (yellow flag) when the S9 cannot determine whether the apnea is obstructive or central if an apnea occurred during a leak higher than 30 L/min

Post Reply Post Reply
Probably pressure pulses.

Look under Daily on the events tab. Click on the pressure pulse events and it will center on one.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good call Archangle, those dots are indeed pressure pulses, they tie back perfectly to the pulses on the events tab.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 59 1,286 04-01-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 707 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR expert needed - out of things to try.... pezhead99 20 1,547 09-25-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Things Going Well on Paper, Symptoms Remain cpapnewbie18 1 446 03-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957
  Need some help with a few things please Weegie 13 911 02-06-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Weegie
  [Treatment] Five months in, things still aren't much better manacles 11 1,258 12-01-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: manacles
  Things Have Changed in the Last 10 Years... columbo 6 918 01-03-2022, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.