Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!!
RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!!
I would like to do something to secure it for future use, since it is apparently not secure on my nightstand. Maybe make a hole like suggested and put it in a drawer. Leaving it alone for 24 hours and hoping it will work.

As shady as the DME has been with me, I won't feel bad if I have to report a sudden stoppage.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the width of your nightstand? If you can spare 18-inches then you can find night stands for under $40 at Ikea with a drawer. I'm sure there is a secure solution that will fit your space and budget. Even a nightstand with a lower shelf is more secure and safer for the machine than using the top of a small nightstand. Basically you only need 10-inches of width to fully accommodate a Dreamstation or Resmed with humidifier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This happened to me one night.  Luckily machine survived.  I bought a hose buddy that keeps the hose in place now even if i get up and forget , I get a tug on the hose only.
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept with my back up machine last night, put it on the floor until I work out something more secure and later this morning, I will check it.

Good suggestions, all! I don't want to go thru this again!
Post Reply Post Reply
It turned on!!!

Now, I just will figure out a way to secure it so this never happens again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news!  

I've pulled my machine off the nightstand a couple of times, but it landed right side up and kept on going.  Just lucky, I guess. Rolleyes

I like SleepRider's suggestion using a small nightstand and placing the machine in a drawer.  Whatever you do, keep the machine level with your head or below.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put it on the floor for now, so that it will be hard to tip over. I was thinking about on my head board, but that will be higher than my head. I will look at the size of my nightstand drawer...then empty it out if appropriate.

I have a ton of stuff going on, including (play WWE or MMA music) the Battle for Bedtime against my kids as I buy 1000 supplies and books for school, so the drawer may not be for a while.

Very relieved!

Another question, tho, due to a weird work schedule, the Battle, & passing out asleep on the couch, I am near or over my number of nights under 4 hrs, especially with last night leaving it off. Should I call my insurance company, and let them know it was inoperable for a day and a half, or wait and see if they say something?
Post Reply Post Reply
You normally have to show compliance by using your machine a minimum of 4 hours per night for 21 consecutive days within the first 90 day period. You must also meet with your doctor after the first 30 days is up, but before the 90 day period ends.

Do whatever you need to do to meet compliance, or they can take your machine back.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's 21 of 30 consecutive days within 90 days of issue. Glad to hear it's working.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you know what is required for compliance with your insurance? I thought you only needed the greater than 4 hours for 70% of the time, but I don't know for sure.
You can see how you are doing by scrolling down the 'Sleep Report' menu on your machine.
I think that if you are not going to meet the requirements you can phone in for an extension.
If you're having a hard time with the 4 hours you can make up some time by wearing it while you're awake to insure you get your hours.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 291 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 694 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,423 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 788 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  RESMED S9 Smart Stop does not work Taxifahrt 20 13,395 05-14-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Patt1
  High AHI, Extreme Fatigue, Cannot get CPAP or BiPap to work exchanged 2 624 04-28-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: exchanged
  [Diagnosis] Can Cpap "work" but still be useless in treating symptoms? tom41 13 1,124 04-25-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.