Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!!
Gross 
I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!!
Help, I had a tummy emergency and on my way running to the bathroom I pulled my Resmed Airsense 10 off on the floor and it tipped over and now it won't come back on! HELP!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I tipped it over! Now it won't work!!!
About all you can do is unplug it and let it dry out. If after drying out and it doesn't work you'll have to get it repaired, hopefully under warranty.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2018, 09:23 AM)PerChancetoDream Wrote: Help, I had a tummy emergency and on my way running to the bathroom I pulled my Resmed Airsense 10 off on the floor and it tipped over and now it won't come back on! HELP!

After unplugging it you might want to use a hair dryer to blow air inside the machine.
Of course you want to set the hairdryer to NO heat and blow thru the the air inlet (where the air filter is)

Personally I would give it at least a day to dry out . . .   

Good luck on the warranty, when you tell them that it fell, they're likely to tell you that it voided the warranty
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh geez...
Post Reply Post Reply
One other thing to check is to make sure the pin in the plug didn't break off.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also; make sure the power supply pin is fully seated.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset has hit the floor a few times early on, from the headboard above my head.
Fortunately it always missed me and worked fine except for some spilled water from the humidifier.

I agree with checking the plugs on both ends of the power pack. When moving the machine around I sometimes need to reseat the power plug on the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
if it does come down to a warranty claim, it just stopped working.......
Post Reply Post Reply
A bedside stand with a drawer is a wonderful thing for CPAP owners. Cut a 2-inch diameter hole in the rear for hose and power cord and not only is the machine out of sight, but impossible to drop.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2018, 03:32 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: A bedside stand with a drawer is a wonderful thing for CPAP owners.  Cut a 2-inch diameter hole in the rear for hose and power cord and not only is the machine out of sight, but impossible to drop.

True, but I currently do not have room for a bedside stand. Bed
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 6 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 627 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,371 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  RESMED S9 Smart Stop does not work Taxifahrt 20 13,322 05-14-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Patt1
  High AHI, Extreme Fatigue, Cannot get CPAP or BiPap to work exchanged 2 600 04-28-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: exchanged
  [Diagnosis] Can Cpap "work" but still be useless in treating symptoms? tom41 13 1,086 04-25-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.