Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched from APAP to BIPAP
RE: I've been using my APAP for a week, symptoms wors V2e.
I found a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto on craigslist for $550. It's been very lightly used and I'm not sure how to clean it properly, but I can easily learn. Is it worth it to buy the device and return my Airsense 10 Autoset?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the spam, but I couldn't edit the last post. Is it possible to use the Aircurve 10 Vauto in the same way as an Autoset, meaning, can I reduce pressure support to a value lower than 3? Because if so, I definitely think that purchasing the used Vauto will definitely be worth it. 

Also, what questions should I ask the seller regarding the condition of the device? According to the photos, it's been used for 8000 hours. Not sure if that's bad or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes you can use little or no PS, it is pretty much the same machine as an autoset when PS is 3 or lower. A vauto is a better machine with more capabilities if you can get one for a good price.

You would want to make sure it turns on, seems to function properly and doesn't have any strange noises (motor whine etc). Normal recommended replacement is every 5 years which is ~15k hours so that vauto would be over half its life span used up. Secondwindcpap that I mentioned before sells their lightly use machines with under 2k hours (and they come with 6 months warranty) for a comparison.

Also make sure you look into any cancellation fees etc with your current machine. Might not be able to just return it without penalties.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm talking to a seller who has a similar usage but I'm hoping that I can drop the price down to $400. Considering that a used VAuto on secondhandcpap is around $1300, I think $400 isn't a bad deal. I'm also looking at a VAuto with 146 hours use for $440 on a craigslist style website, but haven't had any responses yet. There's also the issue that I can't check the device condition since it'll be shipped from New Jersey to California. 

The former device will still last me 3 more years, which is 3 more years without a potentially life-changing Bipap. What do you guys think?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, I just bought a used Aircurve 10 Vauto and I'm excited to see what added pressure support can offer to my recovery. Based off of my issues with exhalation and high flow limitation using higher pressures, what initial settings do you recommend for tonight's sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't go any higher than PS of 4 to start, even that could end up being a rough night.

Pressures work slightly different on vauto (not pressure - EPR but rather min EPAP + PS). I would set min EPAP at 6 for now. Max IPAP at 14 which will give auto range of 4 cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha, that's the exact settings that I already set on the machine. Any tips on the cycle, Ti min, and Ti max settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
Me opinion is leave those timing settings at default unless you need to change them. Trigger and cycle should be on medium. I'm not sure what defaults are on Ti Min and Max.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ti min and TiMax are 0.3 and 2.0 respectively. I think the Vauto will work great, and people moving from the Autoset ave reported greater comfort with a Vauto, even when settings were set to duplicate the CPAP. You seem to have gotten a great deal!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
I'm quite embarrassed to say this, but around 10 minutes after using the VAuto, which at PS 4 was already significantly more comfortable than the autoset, I encountered motor whining which got worse during inhalation. In my desperate attempt to get better, I ended up getting duped by a man on craigslist who likely saw that and took the opportunity.

I'll find a way to make up for my blunder, but in order to have the energy to do so, I need to feel better. I've made a case to explain to my sleep nurse later today who I'm hoping will see the merit in prescribing the Aircurve 10 VAuto given the lack of the clinic's financial responsibility. 

We're almost there!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,275 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 180 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 144 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 234 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 952 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 656 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 147 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.