Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched from APAP to BIPAP
RE: I've been using my APAP for a week, symptoms wors V2e.
Yep, or get some bobby pins/hair clips if you have hair to clip straps to. Anything to make it harder for your sleepy self to get the mask off. Also, use the CPAP if you're having naps too.

I totally understand about your schedule being off - mine is too because of my other chronic illnesses and I kinda run somewhere around the time in the Maldives. Big Grin They generally don't care how you get those hours, as long as you get them, so if that means topping up with a nap, so be it.

What exactly is causing you discomfort with the mask? It's pretty normal for it to feel weird but if it's really uncomfortable or painful that's not something to just put up with. Is this with the Airtouch mask you ordered or the original one you were using?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the original one I was using, the f30i. They gave me all the sizes that didn't fit me well :/ However, I just received my Airtouch f20 around 20 minutes ago, tried it on, and it feels infinitesimally better on the face and especially for breathing - excited for sleeping tonight. I'll also hopefully have access to my origin sleep study results within the next hour, which I'll promptly upload for analysis.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my sleep study results, and it shows no signs of central apneas before CPAP therapy. The results may be slightly skewed from how I normally sleep since I normally sleep for much longer and have more events later in my sleep. The photos of my results are attached for those who wanted to see them. 

[attachment=33232]

[attachment=33233]
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, so the reason is that it doesn't even MENTION what events you had or when. This leads me to believe it doesn't tell if the apneas are central or obstructive. Because it literally doesn't even say (unless I missed it somehow) whether they were obstructive apneas, centrals or hypopneas. Though it's clear you had a lot of arousals marked as RERAs.

So, unfortunately, this just means we have no way to know what your balance of central to obstructive events was, which kind of sucks.

The good thing is that your oxygen levels stayed healthy the whole night, that was recorded.

Try tonight with the F20 and see how you go. If it's more comfy, you might find that you don't pull it off. And if you do, try getting some medical adhesive tape and put a strip over the straps to keep it on your face. That way, hopefully, you will wake if you pull at it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, pAHIc refers to the AHI value of central related apneas/hypopneas. So the results indicate that there were no central apneas present in my sleep study. What's annoying, is that even with 4 hours of sleep on Friday with my old mask, I finally woke up feeling somewhat rejuvenated, more clear-headed, and felt noticeably more creative. However, since using the AirTouch f20, my sleep quality and daytime symptoms of physically and mentally feeling like utter crap have returned. I don't have any results with the new mask since I've forgotten to put my sd card back in the machine, but will have some results available tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, I've made my minimum pressure 9cmH20, and my max pressure 13cmH20 after looking at the trends of my Apap usage. As you said, I hope minimizing the range of my potential pressure will mitigate flow reduction and the frequency of now confirmed, treatment-emergent central apneas. Let me know if you need me to upload more data to determine whether I need to change my pressure values or if there's any way I can minimize the pressure range even further.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, guys here's an update. 

So on the 25th (Friday), I only slept for around 5 hours and woke up feeling great. I actually had physical and most importantly, mental energy to do most of what I needed to do. However, in an act of celebratory drinking, I forgot to wear my mask going to sleep on the 26th and felt awful again the next day. Still excited to feel almost normal again the next day, I used my Airtouch F20 and still felt awful the day afterward. I had my SD card in my laptop so I had no access to the results that day. 

Yesterday, I used my old mask, the f30i, with a pressure setting of 9 - 13 in an attempt to reduce my pressure range and use the same mask that made me feel amazing the other day. Yet I still woke up feeling awful. I only slept with the f30i for 2 hours before unconsciously taking it off, and then proceeding to sleep for 3 more hours without the cpap. I then used my Airtouch f20 and had pretty good results, but still felt awful. Here are my results from the day I felt great, and yesterday's sleep. 

The day I felt great:

[attachment=33308]

[attachment=33309]

Yesterday (06-28-2021):

The first image is with f30i

The second image is with Airtouch F20

[attachment=33310]

Another note to add, my doctor remotely changed my CPAP settings to 8-15cmH20 with EPR 3 full-time. 

Let me know what I should do, and if there's any hope to feel the same way I felt that day soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears the higher pressure set increased CA, at least once. Any CA are consistently inconsistent meaning up and down constantly. And this is regardless of CA type.

If you're bothered by doc editing settings, write a letter stating you're revoking that permission. State that you want to be told about any edits that are suggested, and that you'd do them manually.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
These results were nights before my doctor changed the settings (my doctor just changed the settings today after I woke up). The results for the night I felt great were with settings 7-14 and EPR at 2. Yesterday night my settings were 9-14 with EPR 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah ok. Choose what you feel best with and balance that with OSCAR results.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 361 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 553 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 424 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 247 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.