Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed F10
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 12.4 - 12.8
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: I've developed a cough.
(10-13-2013 10:28 PM)archangle Wrote:  Be sure and experiment with both high and low humidity.

Also, check your data for leaks. Even with a full face mask, it can make you drier.

You might also try a chin strap if you think you're mouth breathing. Mouth breathing can dry you out.

It doesn't sound like a germ problem, but really cleaning things well wouldn't hurt.

Check your air filters and keep it clean near the CPAP machine.

I'm doing well with no humidity. Dry mouth is gone, cough seems to be going away.

I don't know how long to go between filter changes. My DME sends me 2 per month, but I don't think I need to replace the filter every two weeks.

Or do I? Mine looks a little dirty, but it probably starts to look like that after a couple of nights.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help/info I get here. I don't know how I'd find any of this stuff out otherwise.
10-14-2013 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: I've developed a cough.
(10-14-2013 11:48 AM)mdh235 Wrote:  
(10-13-2013 10:28 PM)archangle Wrote:  Be sure and experiment with both high and low humidity.

Also, check your data for leaks. Even with a full face mask, it can make you drier.

You might also try a chin strap if you think you're mouth breathing. Mouth breathing can dry you out.

It doesn't sound like a germ problem, but really cleaning things well wouldn't hurt.

Check your air filters and keep it clean near the CPAP machine.

I'm doing well with no humidity. Dry mouth is gone, cough seems to be going away.

I don't know how long to go between filter changes. My DME sends me 2 per month, but I don't think I need to replace the filter every two weeks.

Or do I? Mine looks a little dirty, but it probably starts to look like that after a couple of nights.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help/info I get here. I don't know how I'd find any of this stuff out otherwise.

This is what I do and not that it has to be done this way. Because I get 2 filters per month, I change mine every 2 weeks. It will prolong the life of my machine to keep as clean of a filter as I can (I have 3 dogs). It is an inexpensive to replace my filters every 2 weeks or twice per month so that is what I do. Much success to you in your CPAP therapy!
10-14-2013 12:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cough and cpap Judy1843 5 294 11-02-2016 07:20 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Has anyone developed a cough from humidity being set too low? NickNick 7 548 09-13-2016 04:31 PM
Last Post: BadGoodDeb
  Could cough be seen as centrals roudabushmc 6 376 08-12-2016 06:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  COPD complication and cough? okieman 5 536 04-09-2016 10:37 PM
Last Post: okieman
  Cough related to CPAP use? thewentz 5 625 03-17-2016 06:52 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Question Cough and bad night of therapy... Rousseau21 4 521 02-18-2016 08:11 PM
Last Post: AlanE
Smile cpap erases nasal congestion and cough ran-man 7 741 02-04-2016 10:56 PM
Last Post: cpdaniel