Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I want a ResMed BiPAP Machine, please.
RE: I want a ResMed BiPAP Machine, please.
Again, thank you guys.

You made me realize, it's not wrong for me to fight for my health, my well-being, and that of everyone I love and every person around me.
That they(DME) aren't willing to be a good entity and give the respect that this whole ordeal deserves for all the reasons you mentioned and more I'm sure.
I tried to be a good person and follow the rules. But in these times, being a good person is not respected anymore. Being a good person and blindly following what you think are the proper guidelines/rules in these times are only going to allow yourself to be taken advantage of. The Old School Honor Codes are out the window.
You reminded me that I have to use my common sense and fair judgement to make the right decisions for myself and not put faith in a system without analysis.

What you provide with information is a means for that to occur. I appreciate that. It's going to help me succeed. You guys are freaking awesome for empowering people.

Again, Thank YOU!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I never understood what is this huge DME mess you guys have to deal with. Do you sign a contract of exlusivity that you can't change a DME easily or you can get fines if you do? Can't you get your machines directly from the nearest Philips or Resmed branch? 

I had this issue I ordered a VAuto in an online apothecary and waited, and waited. the price was 20% off the regular price. But having been told they're gonna get it next week, each week, I cancelled the order, waited 2 months for a refund by the way. In the meantime I phoned the local Resmed branch and asked them to sell me a VAuto, the lady said that legally she can only sell it with factory settings and that they can't set it up for me without a prescription. Well ain't that perfect? 

The magical word was 'with factory settings'. I did pay the whole price though EUR 2400. But If anything goes wrong I get it fixed or replaced directly at Resmed. 5 year warranty
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sharing that info. I am really considering just buying mine outright and not dealing with a DME anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would trust the "gently used" Aircurve 10 Vauto from Supplier #2 at $799 will save some money and be backed with service and warranty. They no longer have the new ones at that price. Anyway, you could use your existing prescription to get that one.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my eyes on it right now. Thanks for the heads up!  Thanks

The title of it's listing is confusing; is it an S10 or is it a 10 VAuto?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I've found something interesting that may be a good deal. 

Is a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
a more advanced version of the Aircurve 10 Vauto?
Like does it have all the functionality and I can just disable the extra features? 
I ask because I found a used one at a cheaper price and thought that might be a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please point out where you see that price because we help many with Central Apnea issues, but that is not you.

The VAuto and ASV are for 2 very different conditions. The ASV is to Target Central Apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
The lowest bid right now on the auction is 495. I can't mention where tho right? But I think I gave up enough information for it to be searched. It'll come up on the biggest online auction site that's ever existed.   Dancing

Ok, I see, it is different. I was just wondering if it was only that it offered some bells and whistles that could just be disabled.
Thanks for the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
with ASV you loose manual control of Trigger and Cycle which is a big loss if you tirtrate yourself and don't need asv medically. That being said, ASV is a level up in complexity of the algorithm over VAuto. If I had a chance to try ASV I'd definitely try it, but that's because I already get successful treatment from VAuto and I always try to reach beyond.

[Image: 10mtxf6.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
We had a member, JesseLee try the ASV and found the backup breaths were too distracting. There are limits to how much like the Vauto you can make the ASV, and you cannot turn off or even adjust the backup rate. You can set a minimum and maximum PS so it doesn't really breathe for you, but it is still going to switch to IPAP when your volume or rate falls below your normal. Some people have tried it and it worked fine, but most people that don't need the ASV are happier with the Vauto. Jesse traded his at SecondWind for the Vauto and got some cash as well as the machine he wanted. So if you do get an ASV off Ebay, you can always take that tack as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 253 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,354 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 270 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 571 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,155 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.