Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: I want to sleep!
(03-04-2015 05:12 PM)H2Daddy Wrote:  Hey Paula, has that always been your sleep schedule? 2am-10am

Yeah, for a very, very long time.

Once I got disability and didn't have to be anywhere, that schedule seemed to fit me best. I've always been a night owl and was well known to not be approachable at work in the mornings. I make myself start the process of getting up every day at 10, no matter what time I went to bed. It is part of the thing I do to keep insomnia at bay.

But this lay down and have my brain just wake back up is new. And has GOT to stop. Maybe I need to poke it with more q-tips?

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-05-2015 12:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
H2Daddy Offline

Members

Machine: Respronics System One 560P
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Wisp
Humidifier: Respronics System One 60 Series
CPAP Pressure: 11

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

I was only asking because when I was in the military and flying almost every day, we were instructed about our sleep schedule. We were told that a late night (or early day) sleeping schedule would affect us later in life because our brains would get use to it, but physiologically, we wouldn't. And even though we were used to it, it would mess us up as we got older! After I retired it took me almost a year to adjust my sleep schedule to a more normal one. It was difficult, to say the least! I had to force myself to stay up until around 8pm. For someone used to falling asleep around 3am, that was quite a hill to climb. It took awhile, but, I finally got past it. The first few nights were hell to say the least. Thankfully, my wife was there to fill the time with endless jabber Smile
It's not the number of hours we sleep, but also the time frame in which we sleep. You can argue how that came to be, but for me, I'll call it creation. Try, as hard as it may be, to readjust your sleep schedule to a more normalized one. When it's dark at night, I go to sleep. When it's getting light, I wake up. I know that everyone's work does not allow for this so, don't flame me because of my opinion posted here. I, myself, get up around 3:30 am, work 12-14 hours, and go to sleep around 8pm. Not exactly normal but, it keeps me employed. And now, with the magic of CPAP, healthy. Please, try to adjust your sleeping routine and see how that works out. And, it will take awhile and a lot of effort on your part! To me, prescribed or not, drugs are no different than alcohol....they both mess up your sleeping quality. A lot of doctors that I have seen over the years, prescribe them just to get you out of the office! You may sleep more but, the quality of sleep suffers. Have a blessed day.....
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 08:43 AM by H2Daddy.)
03-05-2015 08:27 AM
H2Daddy Offline

Members

Machine: Respronics System One 560P
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Wisp
Humidifier: Respronics System One 60 Series
CPAP Pressure: 11

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

I'm not giving a prescription, just offering some advise!

.....Have a blessed day!.....

Mike S
03-05-2015 08:56 AM

Donate to Apnea Board