Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I want to sleep!
RE: I want to sleep!
(03-04-2015, 05:12 PM)H2Daddy Wrote: Hey Paula, has that always been your sleep schedule? 2am-10am

Yeah, for a very, very long time.

Once I got disability and didn't have to be anywhere, that schedule seemed to fit me best. I've always been a night owl and was well known to not be approachable at work in the mornings. I make myself start the process of getting up every day at 10, no matter what time I went to bed. It is part of the thing I do to keep insomnia at bay.

But this lay down and have my brain just wake back up is new. And has GOT to stop. Maybe I need to poke it with more q-tips?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was only asking because when I was in the military and flying almost every day, we were instructed about our sleep schedule. We were told that a late night (or early day) sleeping schedule would affect us later in life because our brains would get use to it, but physiologically, we wouldn't. And even though we were used to it, it would mess us up as we got older! After I retired it took me almost a year to adjust my sleep schedule to a more normal one. It was difficult, to say the least! I had to force myself to stay up until around 8pm. For someone used to falling asleep around 3am, that was quite a hill to climb. It took awhile, but, I finally got past it. The first few nights were hell to say the least. Thankfully, my wife was there to fill the time with endless jabber Smile
It's not the number of hours we sleep, but also the time frame in which we sleep. You can argue how that came to be, but for me, I'll call it creation. Try, as hard as it may be, to readjust your sleep schedule to a more normalized one. When it's dark at night, I go to sleep. When it's getting light, I wake up. I know that everyone's work does not allow for this so, don't flame me because of my opinion posted here. I, myself, get up around 3:30 am, work 12-14 hours, and go to sleep around 8pm. Not exactly normal but, it keeps me employed. And now, with the magic of CPAP, healthy. Please, try to adjust your sleeping routine and see how that works out. And, it will take awhile and a lot of effort on your part! To me, prescribed or not, drugs are no different than alcohol....they both mess up your sleeping quality. A lot of doctors that I have seen over the years, prescribe them just to get you out of the office! You may sleep more but, the quality of sleep suffers. Have a blessed day.....

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not giving a prescription, just offering some advise!
.....Have a blessed day!.....

Mike S
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,200 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.