Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I was a rebel and changed my own pressure
I was a little frustrated by my doctor after my first visit (after 35 days). My numbers were hovering between 3 & 6, with lots of hypopneas (30's), and I just felt my pressure could be a bit higher than it was. He wouldn't authorize it to be raised until I had used the cpap for 90 days.

So thanks to the wonderful people on this board that showed me how to change my pressure, I just upped it by one number (and felt like a rebel!)

After only two nights, my AHI is 1.8 and 1.6, and only 4 hypopneas! Sometimes you just have to listen to your own body!
Post Reply Post Reply
rebel with a cause, congrats!

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Eventually, we all become rebels, or the damn thing won't work.
Post Reply Post Reply

GREAT JOB, KCap,
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yay!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

KCap, you're probably one of those people that tear the tags off their mattress too Bigwink

Keep up the good work!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Knowledge is power. - Francis Bacon

This is a power building forum but you must read...

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
If that doctor was your GP then you are well on your way to knowing a lot more than him/her about OSA and how to treat it. You might be ahead of him/her already
Post Reply Post Reply

Awwwww I'm telling on you ;P
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Autoset 90 percentile pressure vs. Titration study pressure CDNHoser 12 153 13 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pressure at altitude vs. pressure at lower elevations...? S.L. Ping Beauty 19 254 10-17-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  I changed my resmed AirSense 10 Autoset to auto jasonarmstrong 6 424 09-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Last Post: jasonarmstrong
  [Equipment] Viscious cycle of increased pressure -> more leak -> response of more pressure 3mp0w3r 5 255 09-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What changed? And can I fix it. Rcgop 10 292 09-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oxygen Concentrator changed everything! methodicalfool 22 993 08-14-2017, 01:01 AM
Last Post: CR Mc
  [Pressure] What is the theoritical correct pressure for a fixed pressure CPAP? Rcgop 13 940 05-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: ajack