Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I went full-auto last night
I went full-auto last night
I switched my VPAP Auto from fixed S mode to VPAP auto.
I kept my EPAP min at 9 (RX pressure); and my PS at 5 as per Rx.
I opened up the IPAP to 17. That was not enough head-room; but the results were interesting. Keeping in mind that one night does not make a trend -- I found my snore level much reduced. Flow limitation graph was not reduced much -- but that is a scoring of the inhalation waveform shape. My AHI improved. My IPAP spent much of the night at 17; so, I need to open that up a bit. Special thanks to Robysue for her input.

[Image: APRIL9-10P1.jpg]

[Image: APRIL9-10P2.jpg]

[Image: APRIL9-10P3.jpg]

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I went full-auto last night
Looks promising. Way to go. Wish I had a leak rate that looked like yours.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2014, 12:13 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Looks promising. Way to go. Wish I had a leak rate that looked like yours.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Tight straps, Payton.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
i know i sound like a broken record on this but my leak rate went to practically nothing when i switched to the F&P simplus mask, the seal on it rolls when you move your head around, wish i would have had some data from before but that is when I was using the S9 Escape and now I have the elite so i have the data logging now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2014, 03:57 PM)brianwood619 Wrote: i know i sound like a broken record on this but my leak rate went to practically nothing when i switched to the F&P simplus mask, the seal on it rolls when you move your head around, wish i would have had some data from before but that is when I was using the S9 Escape and now I have the elite so i have the data logging now.
My experience with the Simplus is the same as yours and I think being a "broken record" is a good thing if it helps others. As a side sleeper with a mouth that won't stay shut, I was struggling with ffm leaks and nasal mask mouth gush until I found the Simplus. It works for me.

We need an expression to replace broken record. The kids don't know what we're talking about.

Post Reply Post Reply
Broken MP3 file???

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2014, 12:26 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(04-10-2014, 12:13 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Looks promising. Way to go. Wish I had a leak rate that looked like yours.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Tight straps, Payton.

My straps are quite tight and I have found that my leakage spikes are due to leakage through my tear ducts. I am not sure about the rest. My leak rate very seldom falls to or near zero. In fact, it seems to hover around 10 l/min quite a bit. The leaks seem to reduce after about 2:00AM much of the time

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2014, 12:49 PM)PaytonA Wrote: My straps are quite tight and I have found that my leakage spikes are due to leakage through my tear ducts. I am not sure about the rest. My leak rate very seldom falls to or near zero. In fact, it seems to hover around 10 l/min quite a bit. The leaks seem to reduce after about 2:00AM much of the time

Best Regards,

PaytonA

You must have very large tear ducts!
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2014, 12:49 PM)PaytonA Wrote: My leak rate very seldom falls to or near zero. In fact, it seems to hover around 10 l/min quite a bit. The leaks seem to reduce after about 2:00AM much of the time

If the mask you're using has a larger intentional vent rate than what your machine is expecting, the Leak plot may never get as low as zero, even when you are sure there are no significant leaks.

Likewise, if the mask you're using has a smaller intentional vent rate than what your machine is expecting, the Leak plot could end up falsely bottomed out at zero most of the time.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does go down to zero every now and then so it does not look like there is an incorrect constant. I have it set for the correct mask and hopefully ResMed knows the vent rates for their masks.

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 745 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.