Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

IBreeze - Shutting Off
IBreeze - Shutting Off
I started using the iBreeze two nights ago and it keeps shutting off during the night. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on what is going on? No warning or errors...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: IBreeze - Shutting Off
I'm not real familiar with the iBreeze, but it might be an issue with the Auto Start feature. Go into the Clinicians Menu and check to see if the Auto Start function is on or off. Turn it to off and see if you continue to have this problem. I think the default setting is ON.

From the manual:
"When the Auto Start function is on, the system will start therapy automatically if a breath with mask is detected. During therapy, if the mask is removed more than 5 seconds, the therapy mode will stop."
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got that machine myself. I’m still reading the manual.  Plus I need to call and get a new mask in order to try the machine.  (Unless I skip the wait and use my old AirFit mask to test it.  That’s the brand mask I plan to request anyway.)

My point is:  have you found out anything?  I’m joining you on that machine. Does you DME or doctor provide any help?

Deb
Post Reply Post Reply
I am brand new to sleep apnea and literally just found this board tonight after first looking for better masks, then wondering about the machine I got.  I’ve been using the resvent ibreeze for only about two weeks now, and this has happened to me twice already.  I wake up in the middle of the night and have to rip the thing off my head because I can’t breath.  After searching for any reviews at all on this machine, it looking more and more like it’s just a cheap Chinese machine companies are looking to pawn off on unsuspecting consumers.  No reviews on any apnea boards (I found 2 on those and some medium-to bad reviews on Reddit) where most had no idea about them or thought they were cheap.  I just want to sleep one night and feel rested, and now I find out I’m even getting scammed by these drs yet again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I’ve been using a Resmed AirSense Cpap for 7.5 years, I decided I didn’t want to retrain my sleep patterns for a different company’s algorithm. I returned the iBreeze unused. 

It being the holidays, we are still faffing around to find a DME who’ll take my insurance and also has Resmed units.  But I’ve told my doctor that I’ll buy the machine outright, if I have to, rather than have another brand.  So we shall see ….

My existing machine has just put up the notice “Motor life exceeded, contact care provider.” It’s still working, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the i breeze for just over 90 days.  The Last 2 night my machine has shut down for 5 to 15 minutes at a time. I don’t think I am doing it.  I reset the machine today. Unplugged for ten mins and will see how it goes today
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Chuck, I'm new to the Apnea game as of 1/4/23 also and was wondering how OpalRose's restart idea worked out for you?  I also recall waking up a few times during the night and not able to get a breath. I thought I just had something jacked in my settings but after reading your post, I'm sure the brown out happened to me too.  Myself being such a nube to the world we now live/breath in I was unaware of how the machines worked and what to expect. I did know the name ResMed because I was given a loner AirSence10 during my home trial with a CPAP machine.   If I had known about Apnea Board and all the great info here I would have told my sleep center to pound sand with the ResMed knock-off I now have.
Sorry for the long wind, let me know how and what you did to fix the mysterious brown outs with the NoSence iBreeze unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was told to unplug for 10 min and then restart.  That seems to have solved the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 132 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 263 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
  Resvent iBreeze 20A my take kake26 5 719 01-31-2024, 03:42 PM
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 763 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,572 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resvent iBreeze 25STA Gabharv001 2 747 06-27-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Powermax
  [CPAP] Resvent iBreeze C20 replacement - Options? sheldor 3 889 03-08-2023, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.