Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP CONTROL
IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP CONTROL
For what it's worth...

Just finished a visit with my sleep doctor who is the director of the sleep disorder center at a major university teaching hospital. 

After reviewing my ResScan report, he noted that although I had an indication of sleep sufficiency in terms of hours, I should try to regularize my sleep pattern to coincide with more traditional hours to reset my circadian rhythm. Especially getting 45-min of morning sun.  My self-defined working hours usually means bed at 4 a.m. and sleep to 12 - 1 p.m.  or  sleep from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

He cited research that suggests that disturbances in the circadian rhythm can lead to increased occurrences of apnea episodes, problems with blood pressure control, risk of type 2 diabetes, and can affect chronic kidney disease. 

Best to all.

Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP CONTROL
- yes, indeed. Sounds interesting. It looks inimaginable for me, going to sleep under such shifts in time. I have realized long ago how important for me is sleep hygiene ( 40 minutes off schedulle makes big difference!).

good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP CONTROL
Thanks for your post.

I *think* that our schedules slip and slide....and that doesn't help. I remember periods where I did that too. Setting a regular schedule was difficult. However, it was worth it.
Long time back I worked the afternoon shift as a maintenance supervisor==1/3 of the time. That was 2:30 to 11:00. I didn't have to work night shifts at all. I was a biker then. I took many late night rides to destress. My friends who supervised shifts had real issues. They would work every weekend (days). During the week one would have 3 quick triples at home or the hotel, and then settle down to steady drinking until he fell asleep.

Point is that I don't think my sleep doctors ever mentioned wellness. That's why I've started threads here trying to improve my treatment and help others. They petered out due to lack of interest.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 10 274 Yesterday, 09:15 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 295 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 138 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 267 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 191 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 1,136 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 243 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.