Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

IPHONE SLEEP APP FOR SNORE DETECTION
IPHONE SLEEP APP FOR SNORE DETECTION
Hi guys,

My pulmonologist recommended that I use an iPhone sleep app to measure sleep sounds at night. I have attempted to capture this information with and without a remote microphone, but all I record is the air noise of the APAP (ResMed AutoSense 10).

Does anyone have a clue to how this can be accomplished while I am using the APAP? I am thinking of neck-mounted transdermal microphones or spectral filtering of noise using Audigy software.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: IPHONE SLEEP APP FOR SNORE DETECTION
Sorry ... it is not Audigy software, but Audacity software
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine detects and charts snores based on its flow sensors. iTunes has Record your Snoring app. I've never tried any of the iPhone apps because it seems the machine information is sufficient to determine if snores occur and if they correspond to AHI events, or pressure levels.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an iPhone app called SnoreLab. You plug your iPhone to your charger close to you for power all night, aim the bottom of your phone in your bed's general direction, and start the session. There is a free version with paid extras if you want, the free provided enough for me. I used it for a few nights and had to admit my wife's complaints about snoring were right. I scored Epic on it. I then finally go off my duff and am now waiting on a appointment with a sleep Dr.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your phone can pick up the sound of the machine, it can pick up on the sound of your snoring. Unless you put your phone right on top the machine. Which would be odd. And not a place to put it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently there is another app being developed called ApneaApp, whether or not there is any merit to it vs a conventional sleep study is debatable, but it's interesting.
"I'm not asleep... but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using a CPAP machine, there is no reason to record your snoring. The machine "records" it for you. Then you have the rest of the data to back it up. Such as flow rate.

Recording your snoring is like recording the engine running when the car is vibrating and the RPM gauge is visible.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used a voice-activated recorder, placed on my dresser about ten feet from the CPAP. It picks up snoring perfectly. My machine is so quiet that I could probably place the recorder next to it, and it would work equally well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,622 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 705 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.