Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

IS MY RESPIRONICS 250P machine still ok for DOT compliance?
IS MY RESPIRONICS 250P machine still ok for DOT compliance?
Hi, I drive a bus and have been out for 5 months due to a disc problem and nerve compression in my leg. During that time I wasn't driving so I didn't use machine enough for compliance. Stupid me didn't think that when I went back for my work physical they saw I wasn't compliant and I couldn't return. So now I'm in day 18 with this machine (250p) which I read only records hours used. I've been compliant using it over 4 hours a night etc....but my last sleep study was in late 2009 and the dr wants to do another study to see if anything is changed. My question is, will my use with THIS machine still make me compliant?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: IS MY RESPIRONICS 250P machine still ok for DOT compliance?
All machines report compliance data but not all machines are data capable
The 250 is enough for work compliance requirement but another matter if wanted to evaluate how the treatment is working
PRS1 machines models numbers below 450 or 460 are not data capable machines

Make sure this time around after the sleep study to ask the doc for data capable machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BILLD23,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2014, 09:26 PM)BILLD23 Wrote: Hi, I drive a bus and have been out for 5 months due to a disc problem and nerve compression in my leg. During that time I wasn't driving so I didn't use machine enough for compliance. Stupid me didn't think that when I went back for my work physical they saw I wasn't compliant and I couldn't return. So now I'm in day 18 with this machine (250p) which I read only records hours used. I've been compliant using it over 4 hours a night etc....but my last sleep study was in late 2009 and the dr wants to do another study to see if anything is changed. My question is, will my use with THIS machine still make me compliant?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, he did mention going to a new machine after I odd the study but as I said as long as I am using this one correctly he will give me the compliance note I hope.
Post Reply Post Reply
All they want is compliance hours. They don't care what machine you are using to get those hours. They don't care if it is working, only that you are using it.

Stupid, isn't it?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2014, 10:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: All they want is compliance hours. They don't care what machine you are using to get those hours. They don't care if it is working, only that you are using it.

Stupid, isn't it?

Yeah, that's dumb.....
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want to sound preachy but apnea has a lot of bad effects quite apart from your ability to drive. Even if you don't need to use the hose for DOT compliance you should still use it for the overall benefit to your health. Your body will thank you. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2014, 07:10 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I don't want to sound preachy but apnea has a lot of bad effects quite apart from your ability to drive. Even if you don't need to use the hose for DOT compliance you should still use it for the overall benefit to your health. Your body will thank you. Smile

It was difficult sleeping much to get compliance to begin with because I had a herniated disc and had radicular pain through leg and foot which made it very hard to be in one spot long.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it has been since 2009, and if your machine is not data capable or if you are not interested in viewing the data yourself (and that is fine if you are not), then it is a good idea to have another sleep study. It has been a while for one. And now you've had the back surgery so other things are going on. A sleep study would make sure you are getting the best treatment possible, despite their idiocy.

Don't be an idiot, too.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2014, 12:38 PM)BILLD23 Wrote:
(07-01-2014, 07:10 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I don't want to sound preachy but apnea has a lot of bad effects quite apart from your ability to drive. Even if you don't need to use the hose for DOT compliance you should still use it for the overall benefit to your health. Your body will thank you. Smile

It was difficult sleeping much to get compliance to begin with because I had a herniated disc and had radicular pain through leg and foot which made it very hard to be in one spot long.

ouch! Been there, done that - don't ever want to do it again. Yes, I can see that would put you off CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,404 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,294 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.