Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

IanD - Therapy Thread
IanD - Therapy Thread
Hi everyone,

25 year old male here. I've had my CPAP machine for about a week now and still having trouble configuring the correct settings and understanding the data. I also seem to be taking it off in the middle of the night as my longest night has been 5 hours with it on. My AHI seems to be going down which I guess is good (before CPAP it was 21) but i'm not sure how to interpret everything else and make the proper adjustments. 

Here are my settings:

Min 7 - Max 12
EPR Off
Humidifier Off
Ramp Off

I have a Dreamwear Full Face Mask as i'm a mouth breather when asleep. However, i'm trying to start breathing through my nose due to having extremely dry mouth when waking up and also the air puffing my cheeks up when I open my mouth with the mask on. 

Please let me know if I can provide more information about anything. Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Help Me Analyze OSCAR Data
The dry mouth is from not using a humidifier most likely while still opening your mouth to snore
Post Reply Post Reply
well your min pressure seems right but i would suggest to increase max to 14
epr on at 2
humidifier on, level according to your comfort, and use distilled water in your humidifier
ramp not needed, but if your feel uncomfortable with min 7 pressure you can turn ramp on at 5 pressure at 15 min
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Thank you both so much. I will try out your suggestions and see if I make any improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume your flow limits are high and that is what is driving up your pressures.  Please add the flow limits chart.  You can resize the charts using your mouse - grab the bottom line in the graph and move it up.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I wasn't too sure how to adjust the flow limit and move it up but here are some screenshots of my results last night! Any suggestions? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at your pressure raise at around 2:30 and compare the flow limits at 2:30. Your pressure is going up because of your flow limits. 

Flow limits are apnea just smaller and ResMed raises the pressure to stop them from becoming larger O and H events. 

We control the flow limits with EPR. 

It should also help the leaks because your pressure will not get as high.

Try changing EPR to full time, set EPR to 3. 

Post tomorrow and let’s see how it helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Here are my results from last night. The mask definitely felt more comfortable with the EPR set to 3 so I really appreciate your advice on that!
Post Reply Post Reply
If anyone could help me interpret these results and see if i'm on the right track that would be greatly appreciated!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You are looking great?

Are you using ramp?

At your pressures you should not need it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.