Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ideal AHI
RE: Ideal AHI
Like Hojo, I am sure the collar helped me tremendously knock off most OSAs so that I could reduce pressures to help with leaks etc which were preventing good nights sleep.

Try an equivalent ie rolled towel beneath your chin. Some recommend those sleeping pillows-I forget the names-which can lock your head in a particular position . Maybe another member will chime in with the names.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2018, 07:43 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: You might want to try EPR of 1 and see how it goes. Some time has gone by and maybe you'll do OK as far as CA's. If not you can switch it back. Looking at your chart I don't see clusters of events happening so I don't think the cervical collar is needed.

If I change my EPR to 1, what should I look for to assess effectiveness? Lower AHI? More comfort? Less leaks? No Increase in CA's?
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
Mainly your looking for comfort. You do want to make sure your CA events don't start increasing. If they due than revert back. But it's worth trying it for a night or two.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Buckwheat chaff pillows can be configured to hold your head in a position that prevents chin tucking and reduce flow limitations. I use the CPAPfit pillow from amazon ($50) and have found it to be very comfortable and effective. I also use a soft cervical collar to prevent my mouth from opening to the point that it compromises the bottom seal of my F20 mask. I use the OTC collar from amazon. It comes in several heights and neck sizes. I find it to be quite comfortable.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2018, 01:32 PM)Melman Wrote: Buckwheat chaff pillows can be configured to hold your head in a position that prevents chin tucking and reduce flow limitations. I use the CPAPfit pillow from amazon ($50) and have found it to be very comfortable and effective. I also use a soft cervical collar to prevent my mouth from opening to the point that it compromises the bottom seal of my F20 mask. I use the OTC collar from amazon. It comes in several heights and neck sizes. I find it to be quite comfortable.

I do use a CPAP pillow, not the same one as you....it has cut outs at the side for your mask to fit in. I use the same mask as you.
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2018, 07:29 PM)Allessio77 Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 07:05 PM)Hojo Wrote: I'm a big proponent of at least trying a cervical collar if you haven't already, I found it really helps with OA and you may be able to reduce the pressure and hence, CA events.

I tried one at the beginning of my therapy, but didn't like it and sent it back to Amazon...it was too cumbersome...I may try a different model if you think it may help.

If you get fitted for a collar based on the assumption that it is to be worn for a neck injury, then yes, it will be way to large and uncomfortable.  The one I use is not that large, just enough to help keep me from tucking my chin down.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on Polysomnograms and Ideal Therapy cmpman1974 6 542 02-14-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What would an ideal APAP/CPAP machine be? What features etc? sndraco 17 1,623 04-05-2022, 07:40 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Ideal room temperature deocder 7 1,369 08-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Last Post: deocder
  [Pressure] Can anybody suggest the ideal Minimun Pressure. JOSE JOAQUIN ROSALES 3 799 08-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: JOSE JOAQUIN ROSALES
  Which machine and which settings are ideal for UARS? Universeonwheels 10 2,086 05-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Help Finding the Ideal BiPAP Pressure Settings? Zera 19 4,826 12-16-2019, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zera
  Finding my ideal Flex/pressure relief setting (DreamStation Auto) JT01 8 6,997 01-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.