Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Issues with Resmed Airfit F20 Mask
Issues with Resmed Airfit F20 Mask
I love the Resmed Airfit F20 mask.  It is the most comfortable full-face mask I have had now in 6 years.  The problem is I have had two of them tear on me with extremely limited use (i.e. less than 2 weeks).  Both have teared at the same spot (bridge of the nose) and it happens during the night under pressure, not when cleaning them.  I have another one of the same mask, and it was worked fine for several weeks with no issues, so some of them have been okay but two failing like this leads me to believe there have been problems with them.

I have heard rumor there was some defective masks made.  Can anybody confirm or deny this?  Resmed accepted the first mask back with no question, so that makes me think they know there is a problem with them.  I just wanted to know if anybody has run into similar issues or heard anything from their DME provider?  I certainly don't want to pay all this money for their cushions if they don't last even a month!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Issues with Resmed Airfit F20 Mask
I heard about the AirTouch tearing at the nose but first I've heard about the Air Fit doing the same.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes.  It is not the AirTouch.  This is the AirFit.  It has varying degrees of thickness on the mask, but is very, very thin around the bridge of the nose.  It doesn't stop a "blowout" alright.  It "blows out" a tear.  I mean this is happening when I am sleeping.  Imagine being woke up at 5:00am in the morning with air blowing in my eyes. 

It's a shame because the mask fit and comfort is great.  I wish there was a better avenue to provide feedback to Resmed.  I am not 100% confident in my DME to do that.  If it happen from incorrect cleaning or having the mask too tight, that is one thing, but as an experienced CPAP user this is the only time I have had a mask tear like this, and it has happened to me twice now!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have this same mask, and it is very thin at the top of the nose. Not just at the bridge of the nose area, but all the way to the plastic of the mask. It is so thin I am worried when I clean it that it will tear one day.

Does your AirFit seem like there is more air than there should be flowing out of the elbow?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,133 1 hour ago
Last Post: yankees123
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,568 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,976 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.