Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ideal AHI
Ideal AHI
After 4 months, I've plateaued at an AHI of 1.5.

I feel somewhat better, take fewer naps, and my eyes are not as heavy. Not perfect, but improved.

I did increase my pressures from 6-10 in Feb to 7-11 in March to try to get rid of the remaining events, but it didn't work. My ave pressure just increased by 1.0 without any further benefit to AHI.

When I look at my pressure chart, it still pushes at the upper limit of 11... 7-10 time a night, looking like it wants me to go higher. But I actually had a slightly lower AHI at the 6-10 than at the 7-11, so I don't know if it would be wise to increase the pressure again ( I get pressure induced CA's at higher pressures...I started at 5-15 and had a dozen centrals a night...I turned it down on the advice of a forum member, and the CA's diminished).

So, my question is should I just be happy and settle on the settings that give me the 1.5 AHI or allow my OCD personality to tinker and experiment to try to lower the average? 

Here is a typical night___

[Image: SsASOdX.png]
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ideal AHI
Ideal would be 1.48 AHI. Too-funny   Once you get below 5 AHI it becomes a matter of how you feel. Do you wake up now feeling refreshed? If so than your at your ideal numbers.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your Flow Limit looks a little elevated. Could you please provide a 2 minute section of the above data. . . somewhere around 23:00-23:02.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do feel much better...I used to get up with my eyes heavy and ready to go back to sleep. Now I am awake and alert (at least in the morning1). I take less naps...maybe a couple times a week versus 4 or 5 times a week...so yes, it seems to be working. I seem to be on a good trajectory.

Would you think I should go back down to 6-10? I do get more leakage at the higher pressure (but not above the threshold)...so it might be a bit more comfortable!?

BTW, my ODI has been about 7.5 for the last three months...very stable on average (but swings wildly occasionally). 73 minutes below 88% for the entire month of March. I don't know if this is good or bad, but I have been told this number should be below 5.0 also. It didn't change much when I increased the pressure.
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2018, 06:27 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Your Flow Limit looks a little elevated.  Could you please provide a 2 minute section of the above data.  .  .  somewhere around 23:00-23:02.

Here is the one you requested and another that looks a little worse...

[Image: ooLbDKl.png]

[Image: TmJfXZr.png]
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you used EPR in the past? If not you might want to try it at a setting of 1cm and see how you like it.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a big proponent of at least trying a cervical collar if you haven't already, I found it really helps with OA and you may be able to reduce the pressure and hence, CA events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2018, 06:59 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Have you used EPR in the past? If not you might want to try it at a setting of 1cm and see how you like it.

I have...I think it was you that suggested I turn it off because of the centrals I was experiencing at the time. So I did. Do you think it advisable to turn it back on to 1?
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2018, 07:05 PM)Hojo Wrote: I'm a big proponent of at least trying a cervical collar if you haven't already, I found it really helps with OA and you may be able to reduce the pressure and hence, CA events.

I tried one at the beginning of my therapy, but didn't like it and sent it back to Amazon...it was too cumbersome...I may try a different model if you think it may help.
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to try EPR of 1 and see how it goes. Some time has gone by and maybe you'll do OK as far as CA's. If not you can switch it back. Looking at your chart I don't see clusters of events happening so I don't think the cervical collar is needed.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on Polysomnograms and Ideal Therapy cmpman1974 6 514 02-14-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What would an ideal APAP/CPAP machine be? What features etc? sndraco 17 1,602 04-05-2022, 07:40 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Ideal room temperature deocder 7 1,342 08-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Last Post: deocder
  [Pressure] Can anybody suggest the ideal Minimun Pressure. JOSE JOAQUIN ROSALES 3 777 08-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: JOSE JOAQUIN ROSALES
  Which machine and which settings are ideal for UARS? Universeonwheels 10 2,048 05-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Help Finding the Ideal BiPAP Pressure Settings? Zera 19 4,776 12-16-2019, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zera
  Finding my ideal Flex/pressure relief setting (DreamStation Auto) JT01 8 6,934 01-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Rcgop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.