Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If it wasn't for bad luck.........
If it wasn't for bad luck.........
.......I probably wouldn't have any at all. 

Last Fall, I ordered a CPAP hose cleaning kit on EBAY. Long story short, once it was paid for, the seller completely ignored me and my requests for updates on when it would ship. I filed a complaint with EBAY and my money was returned to my PayPal account. The seller also had his account closed.  Cool

A couple of days ago, I decided to try once again, and order a hose cleaning kit. It was supposedly a USA seller and the kits were in stock and ready to ship. The confirmation message I received from the seller indicated otherwise. Asian written all over the message.  Annoyed-and-disappointed

Anyways, the seller sent me three exact messages stating that the kit was not in stock, and would I mind waiting 3-4 weeks for their supply to replenish. I was going to reply YES, I would mind, so cancel my order! I happened to glance up and see that EBAY had sent me a message. It was in regards to my order, and that they had automatically cancelled the order, and reimbursed my PayPal account the amount of the purchase. 

I'm getting the distinct feeling that the CPAP Gods don't want me to have a hose cleaning kit. Maybe I'll just go with the flow and not buy one.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: If it wasn't for bad luck.........
Why does one want a hose cleaning kit? I just dunk the hose in water if I think it needs cleaning. I may do that once a quarter. The hose never has anything other than filtered air and maybe a little moisture inside it.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nah, it's not your luck nor lack of it. It's the slimy DMEs who sell extra/over-stock (or just OLD stock) online. They're so sketchy.

I was trying hard to buy the ResMed Autoset 10 on Amazon (to have as a back-up, and to see if I might like to make it my primary machine), and I had the same experience as you. My first order was just cancelled out of thin air after several days. Another order went the same route, so I contacted the seller and asked what's going on... they said they require an Rx (which their listing did not state), so I sent them my Rx... and I never heard from them again. (It remained cancelled.) Eventually I did get an order that actually went all the way through. For me, I felt this idiotic jerk-around was worth it, to buy a good machine at an excellent price.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2019, 10:03 PM)Big Guy Wrote: .......I probably wouldn't have any at all. 

Last Fall, I ordered a CPAP hose cleaning kit on EBAY. Long story short, once it was paid for, the seller completely ignored me and my requests for updates on when it would ship. I filed a complaint with EBAY and my money was returned to my PayPal account. The seller also had his account closed.  Cool

A couple of days ago, I decided to try once again, and order a hose cleaning kit. It was supposedly a USA seller and the kits were in stock and ready to ship. The confirmation message I received from the seller indicated otherwise. Asian written all over the message.  Annoyed-and-disappointed

Anyways, the seller sent me three exact messages stating that the kit was not in stock, and would I mind waiting 3-4 weeks for their supply to replenish. I was going to reply YES, I would mind, so cancel my order! I happened to glance up and see that EBAY had sent me a message. It was in regards to my order, and that they had automatically cancelled the order, and reimbursed my PayPal account the amount of the purchase. 

I'm getting the distinct feeling that the CPAP Gods don't want me to have a hose cleaning kit. Maybe I'll just go with the flow and not buy one.  Dont-know

I feel your pain Big Guy
Every thing I do seems like a dead end  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2019, 12:26 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Why does one want a hose cleaning kit?  I just dunk the hose in water if I think it needs cleaning.  I may do that once a quarter.  The hose never has anything other than filtered air and maybe a little moisture inside it.

I wanted the ability to actually physically clean the inside of the hose, every now & then. The hose cleaning kit isn't expensive (about $10.00 shipped). 

Thought that having one available when needed would be good. If for nothing else, just some peace-of-mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI: The hose brush is available from about every supplier on our Supplier's List.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier#35 sell the 22 mm. cleaning brush for $10.00 can (about $7.00 us) + shipping.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I should decide to once again, reorder a hose cleaning kit, I'll definitely look to the supplier list this time. 

Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm?  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wish Me Luck! jprestonian 3 524 07-16-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: factor
  Wish me luck (new FFM) Ockrocket 6 927 06-02-2020, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket
Wink Good luck, sort of JamesW 4 1,577 07-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JamesW
  So comfy, I thought it wasn't working Hydrangea 18 3,373 01-20-2017, 02:37 AM
Last Post: ppca
  CPAP wasn't working - Found solution napnaptime 7 2,616 07-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  the gas wasn't so bad! plaidwandering 2 1,241 05-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Last Post: green wings
Grin I made it 4:31 hrs last night and it WASN'T miserable! allynpsych 9 2,351 04-18-2016, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rjhoeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.