Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If one has A10 Autoset Why adjust ranges?
RE: If one has A10 Autoset Why adjust ranges?
YES. I like what you have decided, and hope it works well for you. Don't be disappointed if it feels awful or bad in some way. Just take it on bit by bit.

You asked what I would do if it were me doing it for myself. I would do it gently as #AsfSF says, would work up to 8.0 min 13.5 max, with EPR of 1 and would ramp from 6.0 for 10 minutes (I fall asleep in less than 7). It looks like we are all in the same ballpark.

by the way, I also concur with #AshSF that you are going to see that you'll have a 95th percentile pressure below 9.5 most nights, and your max have a hard time reaching 11. I also predict that you'll have AHI of under 1.5 most nights, and that your CA will be about 1.3 of that.

tell us how well we did at guessing.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for your excellent ideas and insights. I didn't read some of the newer one's till today, like the idea I change up by only .5 or 1.0 at a time. Oops.

So the night was wild...I did as I said I would, except having tried the settings before going to sleep, I didn't like the EPR of 3, so I put that down to 1.

Well I woke up during the night, having pulled mask off....also noted i'd heard raspberry sounds coming from my pursed lips etc....I had the presence of mind to try then resetting the EPR to 3 as had been suggested, managed not to mind it as I'd build in a 5 min ramp to my plan, and went back to sleep.

This A.M had my first AHI of 2.0 ever in 24 nights. (was a 0.9 OSA 0.9 CA and 0.1 unknown ) Yes I had more leaks, and disruptions etc in my sleep fidgeting, feeling air or leaking, but I think it says I was right to move it, if perhaps slower, to a narrower range. I did have a spate of 5 centrals during a couple mins of the early a.m all under 13 or so seconds.

I think I'll stay with this plan for another night with it starting at EPR 3, and the range staying 8-13.3 and see how that goes.

If you all have any thoughts let me know. I'll keep you posted how it goes night 2 of the narrower range.

Do all changes, even good one's, take some adjusting to for the body/brain etc?
I also think I only got up to pee like 2 or 3 times, which for me, is an improvement over pre-pap.

Sleep-well

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
excellent score. changes do take some adapting, good or evil. staying at a setting for a week before making more adjustments is prudent. hey, maybe you won't even need to change again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Susan,
I agree that you need to narrow your range, but do it slowly. If you make an adjustment, try it for say 5 days and take note of AHI and how you feel. It took me almost a month to go from 4 to 20 range to my current range of 8.5 to 15. My AHI numbers are low, usually 2.0 and under. This morning it was .4. When I look at Sleepyhead, I can see that most of my events are in the pressure range of 10 and 11, so I may move minimum setting to 9. Believe me, I'm new at this too and still learning. Just to let you know, you will have ups and downs, don't get discouraged and take it one step at a time.
Good luck to you. The greatest thing for me is sleeping through the night, not getting up to pee, and feeling good in the morning...not like a Zombie.
R.Marie. Coffee
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2015, 12:58 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: YES. I like what you have decided, and hope it works well for you. Don't be disappointed if it feels awful or bad in some way. Just take it on bit by bit.

You asked what I would do if it were me doing it for myself. I would do it gently as #AsfSF says, would work up to 8.0 min 13.5 max, with EPR of 1 and would ramp from 6.0 for 10 minutes (I fall asleep in less than 7). It looks like we are all in the same ballpark.

by the way, I also concur with #AshSF that you are going to see that you'll have a 95th percentile pressure below 9.5 most nights, and your max have a hard time reaching 11. I also predict that you'll have AHI of under 1.5 most nights, and that your CA will be about 1.3 of that.

tell us how well we did at guessing.

Hi Quiescence,
Following up as you suggested. I have been doing what I've been doing for 7 nights now. I've had slightly more consistent numbers with my narrower range, but still not under AHI 6.0 consistently. Still about 1/3-1/2 of my number is centrals.

I am currently doing range of 5.6 (I couldn't bear the higher so I decided to go slower at raising it) -13.6 and my EPR is at 2.0 ...I'm not seeing dramatic improvements in numbers but I see what seems to be a trend towards more consistent numbers, lower 95th percentile pressure and 95th percentile leaks being at about 7.0 and under usually under 4.0 . My last two nights my maximum pressure was 11.00 which has happened in past so I don't know if it correlates.

Will keep plugging away.
Called to get appt for Sleep Dr followup...How dumb was I to think i'd be able to get an appointment for February when he said he'd like to see me to follow up? Um, they are booking in JUNE....I got a cancellation appt April 1st and the receptionist is going to see if He wants to try to squeeze me in earlier.

Thanks for your help.
Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
that is great so far. interestingly you got a taste of AHI around 2, but just not ready yet. That is a-ok. surprised your 95% pressure is now so low, in the 7's. And, your median is down below 7, down from 8.3. If those CAs stay in the 1/2 or less as you up the pressure, it'll really be great news. those AHI values will be necking down as the min pressure is adjusted up. you might be aware of this, but the reason we were talking in the 8.0 range for the start pressure is because of the median being just above that. Now that you are getting consistent median in the 6.5 to 7.0 range, then I would have to suggest starts in that range or below. So, your next step may be the last you'll want, starting in 6.0 to 6.5 range. good luck to you. you'll be a pro by the 1st of April.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2015, 12:00 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: that is great so far. interestingly you got a taste of AHI around 2, but just not ready yet. That is a-ok. surprised your 95% pressure is now so low, in the 7's. And, your median is down below 7, down from 8.3. If those CAs stay in the 1/2 or less as you up the pressure, it'll really be great news. those AHI values will be necking down as the min pressure is adjusted up. you might be aware of this, but the reason we were talking in the 8.0 range for the start pressure is because of the median being just above that. Now that you are getting consistent median in the 6.5 to 7.0 range, then I would have to suggest starts in that range or below. So, your next step may be the last you'll want, starting in 6.0 to 6.5 range. good luck to you. you'll be a pro by the 1st of April.

Thanks for the encouragement Quiesence, I haven't seen such good numbers since I posted. If you feel like it, I've got my data posted on today's post that says "finally...data posted"...I like how you think, if you have any imput from those.

You'll be pleased to note, though I probably did make change too fast, I slept last night, horribly AHI wise/getting up to void wise, but very comfortably at 6.6...if that makes sense.

I've made changes in the past, perhaps too quickly, because I wasn't comfortable, not because I wanted better numbers necessarily, though that is motive no.2.

I had the machine running away on me and waking me some nights, I had pressure too low and feeling stuffy others etc. Now I FEEL good with what the machine does, (though It has been suggested to me by one who looked at my data, that I might consider raising my max a bit above the 13.6 I have it at, and that seems reasonable) But for now, depending on the general consensus of those who look at the data, other than a possible rise in top pressure, I'm happy to stay at 6.6 for at least 3-7 days to see how the numbers lay out.

Thanks for your very helpful thoughts. I'm also still grinning from Paula's herding cats analogy, and I am definitely a cat herder!Unsure here kitty kitty.

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
well I think comfortable sleep generally results in good sleep. how you feel is actually a great indicator of progress. just sorry that some either don't gain that sense of well being, or keep it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 124 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 294 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 7,085 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 605 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,383 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me understand / adjust Aircurve10 ASV vs S9VPAP settings patrickbrem 2 373 08-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: patrickbrem
  Is it time to adjust up or down? SleeplessNSeattle 1 455 07-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.