Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If the CPAP works for you, what is your expected AHI?
RE: If the CPAP works for you, what is your expected AHI ?
[Quote=Sleeprider ; OpalRose]

Here is my SleepHead chart on Aug. 14, 2018  in the attachment . Please analyze and recommend a solution to optimize my CPAP use. Thanks .

Attached Files
.pdf   Tommy's SleepHead Chart (Aug.14-2018).pdf (Size: 636.43 KB / Downloads: 88)
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t think you are allowing your machine a pressure range to work with.
Your chart says 6 min and 8 max, and the 8 max is not taking care of the Obstructives.

You should open up that pressure range and set a min pressure of 10 minimum and 16 max to see where the machine wants to go. Give this a few days to settle and post another chart.

If you have trouble exhaling against the pressure, set EPR to 1 or 2.

Hopefully, others will have suggestions as to where your pressure range should be, but
limiting the machine to 8 max is not working.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow man, you need more pressure. Your current settings of 6-8, need to be changed to 8 minimum, and 16 maximum. The good news is, this is simple obstructive apnea and hypopnea. To make these higher pressures more comfortable, let's add EPR. Go into settings (control knob + home button) and enter clinical menu. Scroll down to comfort and turn EPR ON, FULL TIME and set it to 2. Now your exhale pressure will be lower than inhale pressure and that should help hypopnea, while the higher pressure will help obstructive apnea.

When you organize charts, all you have to do is press F12 and the image will be saved to My Documents/Sleepyhead/Profile/Screenshots. This will be a lot easier to attach and read than a PDF file. Again, my signature link to Organize your Sleepyhead Charts shows exactly what we want to see.

edit: I see OpalRose and I are on exactly the same channel...sorry for the duplicate information but she beat me to it while I was messing around.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2018, 07:52 PM)OpalRose Wrote: .......

You should open up that pressure range and set a min pressure of 10 minimum and 16 max to see where the machine wants to go.  Give this a few days to settle and post another chart.

If you have trouble exhaling against the pressure,  set EPR to 1 or 2.

Thanks for the advice, OpalRose.  EPR is currently turned off in my machine .  In the EPR options, there is also option : " full time"  or "ramp only"  , what should I select ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2018, 08:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Wow man, you need more pressure.  Your current settings of 6-8, need to be changed to 8 minimum, and 16 maximum.  The good news is, this is simple obstructive apnea and hypopnea.  To make these higher pressures more comfortable, let's add EPR.  Go into settings (control knob + home button) and enter clinical menu.  Scroll down to comfort and turn EPR ON, FULL TIME and set it to 2.  Now your exhale pressure will be lower than inhale pressure and that should help hypopnea, while the higher pressure will help obstructive apnea.  

When you organize charts, all you have to do is press F12 and the image will be saved to My  Documents/Sleepyhead/Profile/Screenshots.  This will be a lot easier to attach and read than a PDF file.  Again, my signature link to Organize your Sleepyhead Charts shows exactly what we want to see.

edit: I see OpalRose and I are on exactly the same channel...sorry for the duplicate information but she beat me to it while I was messing around.

Thanks SleepRider ... Your reply expand and complement OpalRose really well !  Congrats   I'll follow the recommendation of you two for at least a week and see how it goes . Again, thank you for your super-quick respose. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Set your epr to full time.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2018, 08:40 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Set your epr to full time.

Thanks, pupcamper .  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=7977][attachment=7978][attachment=7979][attachment=7980][attachment=7981]
[Quote=Opalrose, SleeprRider]

I took your advice to adjust the pressure range upto 10 - 15 cm H2O  .  I attached below the  9 screenshots of the CPAP records  for the past 9 days for further comments . The AHI is stilll
above 5.  Please advise. Thanks .
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=7983][attachment=7984][attachment=7985]
Here are the last 4 screenshots  :
[attachment=7982]
Post Reply Post Reply
Much better when it is working, but you need to address the leakage issues when the pressure ramps up.
Try a soft cervical collar (about $10 at the local drug store) to help keep your chin up.
To help prevent mouth leaks, push your tongue into the roof of your mouth and apply light suction.
Do this so that it becomes 2nd nature, whether awake or asleep.

Once you get the leakage resolved, I'd look at moving the max pressure up if needed.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 171 Today, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 510 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  The collar works for me! CROWMAN 16 2,151 01-09-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: OutandBack
  Mouth taping, What tape works best for you? yankees123 30 4,552 04-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Last Post: yankees123
  resmed s9 expected motor life exceeded ront1953 14 24,415 01-27-2020, 02:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation [News] New Poll is in the Works PollCat 10 1,863 11-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  [Pressure] Would a change in pressure be expected CentralSA 10 1,669 08-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Last Post: CentralSA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.