Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If the CPAP works for you, what is your expected AHI?
If the CPAP works for you, what is your expected AHI?
I resumed my CPAP usage for the past few weeks . My average AHI is about 15.5 from the baseline  29.6   . I wonder what would be the AHI I should expect to see if CPAP works for me ? Please advise & comment . Thanks .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: If the CPAP works for you, what is your expected AHI ?
People with optimized CPAP pressures and settings frequently see AHI less than 1.0, and less than 5 is expected. Based on your profile pressure settings of 5-20, I'm pretty confident, your settings are a long way from optimized. #Sleepyhead software is free and a lot easier to understand than ResScan. Download it and post some graphs. Links in my signature describe how to do it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your pressure is set correctly to tackle your sleep apnea, you should see lower readings than you currently are. Your reading of 15.5 is too high.

Do you know the makeup or breakdown of your AHI?

This has been suggested before, but here goes again......download #SleepyHead and post your data here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestion . Apparently, CPAP has not worked for me yet . BTW, I currently play around with the pressure ranges. I am trying 8 - 10 cm H2O for now .

I'll do that : try sleephead and get the graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tommyngo, what does your machine say you are hiving most of?
OSA?
Central?
Combination of both?
Maybe even others.
As said above, download Sleepyhead and see what is really going on.
Having the machine set as 20 max pressure is fine, it will only go as high as you need.
However, 5 is very low and I don't know that many people that finds this low a pressure useful.
What is the pressure your machine goes up to, I bet it is a lot more than 5?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2018, 04:20 PM)tommyngo Wrote: .. . Apparently, CPAP has not worked for me yet . BTW, I currently play around with the pressure ranges...

Not wishing to put a strain on you, but often this can cause as many problems as an incorrect pressure or variability thereof.  I have no idea what you really mean by "playing around with," but if it is changed more frequently than about every four or five days minimum, you probably are not giving your system an opportunity to settle in with the new settings.  ARE you changing the settings more often, or do you go for about five-to-seven days with one setting to see how you adapt to it?
Post Reply Post Reply
O.k. I  got SleepingHead running on my PC & imported ResMed data into the program . Oh-jeez

I saw all kinds of graphs  .  What kind of data you need to analyse my case ? How do I present the data on this forum for analysis ( i.e. screenshot or upload data file  ?)   Please inform .  Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
See at the bottom of OpalRose's last text, the one 'organizing your sleepyhead...'.  Read those instructions and see how you do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2018, 05:10 PM)mesenteria Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 04:20 PM)tommyngo Wrote: .. . Apparently, CPAP has not worked for me yet . BTW, I currently play around with the pressure ranges...

.... do you go for about five-to-seven days with one setting to see how you adapt to it?

I keep each selected pressure range for at least 5 days or more . So far, I used 4-6  cm , 6-8 cm and 8-10 cm and 10-12 cm  during the last 4 eweeks .
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2018, 05:12 PM)mesenteria Wrote: See at the bottom of OpalRose's last text, the one 'organizing your sleepyhead...'.  Read those instructions and see how you do.

Thanks mesentaria...    Thanks I'll learn to do as instructed . Hope everything is O.K.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  The collar works for me! CROWMAN 16 2,109 01-09-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: OutandBack
  Mouth taping, What tape works best for you? yankees123 30 4,485 04-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Last Post: yankees123
  resmed s9 expected motor life exceeded ront1953 14 24,193 01-27-2020, 02:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Exclaimation [News] New Poll is in the Works PollCat 10 1,834 11-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  [Pressure] Would a change in pressure be expected CentralSA 10 1,641 08-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Last Post: CentralSA
  AirCurve Trigger high works well for me but why? yrnkrn 3 1,457 06-24-2019, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.