Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If the Vauto doesn't help I give up on CPAP
If the Vauto doesn't help I give up on CPAP
I'm so tired I can't even formulate my thoughts.  Memory problems and I'm 39 years old.  I'm a real treat to be around because I'm angry and moody.  Except I'm exactly this way WITHOUT cpap AND with!  So why use it?  I forgot to put my sd card back and when I download the data some of it is missing.  Is the machine's buffer unable to hold all of it?

I ran the tubing through a hat I wore so the tube wouldn't move around at night.  I figured this would cut down on the leaks, except I slept and feel even worse.  This makes no sense.  

Want to look and feel like a zombie?  Sign up for cpap today!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: If the Vauto doesn't help I give up on CPAP
I am sorry to see the issues you are having with your sleep apnea therapy. Therapy with APAP has made a remarkable difference for me and for many others on this site as well.

Railing against your sleep medicine doctors and complaining about CPAP won’t make you feel any better, but it might discourage some others who are also struggling and visiting this site looking for hope.

As others have mentioned in other threads, it is possible you feel lousy for some other reason and that maybe sleep apnea is not the cause of your symptoms. I would leave that to your medical providers to decide.

I wish you the best of luck in continuing your search to feel better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 03:46 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: I am sorry to see the issues you are having with your sleep apnea therapy. Therapy with APAP has made a remarkable difference for me and for many others on this site as well.

Railing against your sleep medicine doctors and complaining about CPAP won’t make you feel any better, but it might discourage some others who are also struggling and visiting this site looking for hope.

As others have mentioned in other threads, it is possible you feel lousy for some other reason and that maybe sleep apnea is not the cause of your symptoms. I would leave that to your medical providers to decide.

I wish you the best of luck in continuing your search to feel better.

You are right.  I will stop complaining about it.  I think other people already know how rigid and unhelpful the system is.  When I get the vauto I'll post about that and what settings I need.  I assume I can use the ones from the AutoSV.  I'll find another outlet for my displeasure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 03:52 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote: You are right.  I will stop complaining about it.  I think other people already know how rigid and unhelpful the system is.  When I get the vauto I'll post about that and what settings I need.  I assume I can use the ones from the AutoSV.  I'll find another outlet for my displeasure.

You cannot use the settings from an autoSV. They are 2 completely different machines.  From a CPAP yes, you can use those.
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice that you had nearly 11 hours sleep and started at 2am.
Is the clock set correctly on your machine?
Do you work shifts by any chance? 
Do you have repeatable bedtimes and wake times?
Just trying to get a feel for "sleep hygiene" and habits.
Are these times normal for you or is something different happening these days?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure how Philips Respironics System Ones would do this, but ResMed 10 Series will not record other than summary data without an SD card. If the card wasn't in the machine, I'd suppose the detailed data for that session would be gone.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 04:28 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: I notice that you had nearly 11 hours sleep and started at 2am.
Is the clock set correctly on your machine?
Do you work shifts by any chance? 
Do you have repeatable bedtimes and wake times?
Just trying to get a feel for "sleep hygiene" and habits.
Are these times normal for you or is something different happening these days?

I can't have repeatable wake times because my sleep is too unpredictable.  As a matter of fact if I attempt to sleep 8hrs and have done this before with dr supervision.  I will need a nap during the day.  Already maxed out on sleep hygience, blue light avoidance, had a philips go lite to 'promote wakefullness'.  I've already done it all.  Been at this 9+ years.  Part of the reason I slept poorly last night was I slept without a 7in memory foam ramp. 

I told myself I wont complain only respond.  The 2nd poster is right.  I can suffer and cope on my own without cluttering the forum with threads.  Since everything has already been tried or done all that is left is for the UPS tracking to update my vauto from supplier two.  

The time on the machine is one hour forward.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SorryIamNormal... I hope the Vauto works for you, you have some degree of flow limitation, which the Vauto will take care of with the correct settings. Apart from flow limitations, the only other stuff that could help with your sleep is all the standard stuff... sleep hygiene, diet, exercise, etc, etc. I understand it's very difficult to keep on top of these things with your severe sleep deprivation.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 06:13 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 04:28 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: ...
I can't have repeatable wake times because my sleep is too unpredictable.  ...

Many apologies. I assumed this was a first post.  I should have looked at your thread count. Once I did that I read the other threads and saw the whole story.
Once bitten twice shy. I will certainly check thread counts in future.

I am so sorry for your ongoing situation and everything you have been through.

Since all your history is back on the "10 years of misery thread" it might be best to stay on that thread in case others make the same mistake I did and start asking similar obvious questions that you have clearly considered given your considerable history and knowledge.

I am quite new to the forum but, from my experience thus far, you are in the right place to optimize PAP treatment. The people here are amazing.

Whether you can get meaningful improvement from PAP treatment remains to be seen.. but if it's possible... this is the place to make it happen.

If you agree with the idea of moving back to the "10 years thread" I'm sure one of the moderators will be able to freeze this thread for you so that you don't keep getting the same questions which will not help you at all.

Good luck with the VAuto and getting answers from Bonjour & Sleeprider
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 08:47 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 06:13 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 04:28 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: ...
I can't have repeatable wake times because my sleep is too unpredictable.  ...

Many apologies. I assumed this was a first post.  I should have looked at your thread count. Once I did that I read the other threads and saw the whole story.

I am so sorry for your ongoing situation and everything you have been through.

Since all your history is back on the "10 years of misery thread" it might be best to stay on that thread in case others make the same mistake I did and starting asking similar obvious questions that you have clearly considered given your considerable history and knowledge.

I am quite new to the forum but, from my experience thus far, you are in the right place to optimize PAP treatment. The people here are amazing.

Whether you can get meaningful improvement from PAP treatment remains to be seen.. but if it's possible... this is the place to make it happen.

If you agree with the idea of moving back to the "10 years thread" I'm sure one of the moderators will be able to freeze this thread for you so that you don't keep getting the same questions which will not help you at all.

Good luck with the VAuto and getting answers from Bonjour & Sleeprider.

Ok, I will be sure when it arrives to update the original thread and then continue the data discussion and evaluation.  Good news, it will arrive on Saturday!  Should be here around 5.30pm EST or potentially earlier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 140 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 722 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,354 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.