Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If you are having anxiety & stress when starting CPAP therapy
RE: If you are having anxiety & stress when starting CPAP therapy
Cat power, put a huge blade in front of it.

When I was little I was given a go at driving a Cat with a big blade in front of it when there was a new bridge being built near where I stayed at the time.
It was more like a couple of huge pipes and loads of sand dumped over the top of the pipes until the sand reached the road level, whixh was a long way up!  I was happy driving away most of the day (the driver was beside me watching everything I was doing) when there was a huge rumble and a bang and crashing noise.  Sand suddenly was at my feel and we came to a sudden stop and the engine died.
Turned out the bank up above chose that moment to collapse and bury me, the driver and the Cat' under tons of sand.
As trucks were taking sand from 30 miles away, one was sent with a message to send the loader from the other end to dig us out.
The driver panicked a bit when the sand hit us.  But after we were totally covered he relaxed a bit, but then he began to worry about how much air we had.  I was not all that bothered, but then I didn't realise just how much sand had fell and covered us.
Half an hour later the loader/digger arrived but we had no idea it was there and it was at least 15 minutes after that I saw a load of steel teeth touch the window very gently, but it was enough to break it, then with the next scoop of his huge bucket air came in when he pushed the window he broke in to allow fresh air in.  I hadn't noticed how stale the air was getting, I had no idea air could taste so sweet, even air full of diesel fumes.
I think I was 11 or 12 years old at the time.
No one was hurt, just a few red faces as on hind site we should have seen it coming!

The force the sand hit us I am surprised we stayed upright and that only half the window broke on the side that got hit and that the cab didn't fill of sand.  It was a bit worrying that it did keep coming in slowly all the time we were under it though!
Health and safety would have a hairy fit these days.

I was not allowed another go, just in case Rolleyes 

What could go wring?

I loved driving the big Yellow Cat'.
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^<
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

I am just a long term user of c.p.a.p. and therefore I have some experience in using these machines and equipment.

However, I am NOT an expert, so advice given should be taken as given in good faith only and NOT medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.   Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Why are people starting sentences with the word "So..."? SuperSleeper 74 9,856 03-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Physical Therapy ordered by cardio. justMongo 29 2,211 02-16-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Stress Reliever me50 2 886 06-02-2015, 01:23 AM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.