Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with...
RE: If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with...
(06-29-2016, 06:52 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: And, my problem is not with it falling off, I love the way it fits, and stays on with me, my problem is I breath through my mouth. There is a long thread here someplace with all the things I tried - multiple chinstraps, ace bandage wrapped over my mouth and around and under my chin, surgical tape over my mouth, denture adhesive to glue my lips shut, and more... They all lasted about an hour before my mouth would find a way to force a leak to breath through.

Frank

Oh -- you're THAT guy! Yeah, I've read some of those posts too. You have really tried harder than most of us could imagine, to get a nasal mask to work for you! Blessings on you, and I sure hope you find a solution that works, pillows or mask. Keep working on it!

Good luck!
bgDeb
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried ResMed's Mirage Activa LT nasal mask which seems to provide me with great stability and low leak rates as I switch positions throughout the night? I have used it up to 16 (14-16) without issue.

The only mods to the mask were testing a few other headgear combinations (one from Respironics) and two Velcro wrap-around sheepskin sleeves to prevent strap chafing near my earlobes.

The lower edge/lip of the cushion also seems to assist in keeping my mouth closed.

Best of luck on your hunt.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to try something different,like an oral mask. Or maybe an Amara View hybrid FFM.
Take a look at the CPAP website and read the reviews on some of the more unusual masks. Maybe you can find a gem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 238 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 515 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 367 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 4,918 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,130 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
Arrow Would love some feedback on OSCAR data esaulcatnas 3 504 08-31-2023, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  I'd love a review of my data and/or advice, esp. re. waking up at night danielsomers 6 773 04-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Last Post: danielsomers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.