Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP-thank GOD
HELP-thank GOD
Finally getting help !
Want dreamstation apap-# ?
heated hose
dreamwear mask
what else do you recommend...
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HELP-thank GOD
Patience.

And understanding that the mask you are asking about may not be the one for you. Nor may be the one after that. Or even the one after that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2016, 07:09 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Patience.

And understanding that the mask you are asking about may not be the one for you. Nor may be the one after that. Or even the one after that.
Or you may get jackpot lucky and find that the first one is perfect. Stay optimistic.

Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you Paula for the feed back...tried the nuance...loved it, but I toss like a pinwheel...lol'''round and round, up and down...on a quiet night...huhh
(05-04-2016, 07:46 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote:

Or you may get jackpot lucky and find that the first one is perfect. Stay optimistic.

Yep hope soooo...have read post here for awhile...glad I did...not going in ignorantThanks...Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2016, 07:49 PM)ger365 Wrote:

Thank you Paula for the feed back...tried the nuance...loved it, but I toss like a pinwheel...lol'''round and round, up and down...on a quiet night...huhh

I am an active sleeper who uses the Nuance Pro. I use a chin strap to help with mouth breathing and found that by putting the Nuance headgear under the chin strap it will make the Nuance a great deal harder to dislodge when I move around. It did take a couple of nights to get everything adjusted. I haven't had a large leak since I stumbled upon this combination.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the opportunity to try out about 4 masks before I had to buy my setup. I chose the DreamWear, but in hind sight (which everyone knows is 20/20) it is not the perfect mask as I had thought. I went back to the P10's which are a minimal design type and have my leaks at almost nil. Good luck getting the right mask as I've heard it can be the most difficult part of the whole process.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 05:41 PM)pupcamper Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 07:49 PM)ger365 Wrote:

I am an active sleeper who uses the Nuance Pro. I use a chin strap to help with mouth breathing and found that by putting the Nuance headgear under the chin strap it will make the Nuance a great deal harder to dislodge when I move around. It did take a couple of nights to get everything adjusted. I haven't had a large leak since I stumbled upon this combination.

Like the active sleeper...Dielaughing Being married I know how to keep my mouth shut !??? Oh-jeez
Any way, biggest problem will be with allergies...may do better as others posted...
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
BTW..thanks to all of you I can do better the the quack...er ahhh doctor and DME...the battle has just started...rofl...doc seems to have a provider she likes...huhh
Let the party begin...Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Up-date...
Received everything I asked for !
Had some trouble at my primary for help...Soooo, I took care of the problem...thanks to information I gathered here.
Told my NP about the problem...she started to write down the changes I referred to.
Told her I took care of it...saw her grin for the first time and got a bonus chuckle...
stopped to think and can't remember where I was going with this...
Anyway thanks for the feedback and am working with the ideas given.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear everything worked out well for you! I found that being on this forum helped me in the beginning also!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.