Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

If you had one wish
RE: If you had one wish
(10-18-2018, 01:36 PM)mesenteria Wrote: While I think of it, would you consider dealing in some way with the mouth breathing problem, specifically the problem with loss of tone in the lips?  We have chin straps and cervical collars doing yeoman service for keeping the chin up and jaws somewhat closed, but for those of us who go fully slack when we sleep, it's the lips that get us.  I can't seem to get the tongue-suck technique to work unless I am conscious, but my father reports he seems to do that technique routinely and naturally and he doesn't have a problem with his new regimen of PAP.

It will have to be a cover that affixes to the front straps of the headgear maybe...not sure..., maybe something inserted into the mouth like a soother.

I think that i saw a mask that included a mouth guard that stopped you from grinding your teeth. Maybe a start.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2018, 02:46 PM)Stom Wrote: What I'd really like is brainwave sleep tracking combined with my CPAP, but a proper EEG requires probes and conductive gel on the head. I don't know if dry probes that are reliable and just as sensitive have been created yet. So that is a more pie in the sky wish.

Not pie in the sky. Active capacitive electrodes work through hair and without gel. There are several commercial products that measure brain activity without gel for computer interfaces.

One of the people in our group uses eeg to study epilepsy. He thought we could detect sleep stages with 6 or maybe 4 electrodes (O1, O2, C3 and C4  add P3 and P4 if needed)

As i understand it the movement and sound based system work best when there is only one person in the bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2018, 04:03 AM)car54 Wrote: A position recorder would be nice so you know what position you are in when you have apneas. Also a built in oximeter that doesn't cost $1000.00. It would also be nice to monitor your sleep stages.

Yes and yes
Post Reply Post Reply
How about a small wish? Appropriate lights for the CPAP! I get up multiple times during the night and need to stop my machine, so my CPAP has painters tape on it to try and block the lights. Get rid of the brilliant blue, green and white lights. Red, amber, and orange DIM lights would be better for a device that is supposed to be used while we are sleeping. No reason to shut down melatonin production while we are trying to stay healthy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2018, 08:41 AM)Uphill Wrote: How about a small wish? Appropriate lights for the CPAP! I get up multiple times during the night and need to stop my machine, so my CPAP has painters tape on it to try and block the lights. Get rid of the brilliant blue, green and white lights. Red, amber, and orange DIM lights would be better for a device that is supposed to be used while we are sleeping. No reason to shut down melatonin production while we are trying to stay healthy.

i am not aware of any lights at night on the Resmed Airsense or Aircurve 10.  Does your display remain lit?  If so, it is not the intended design and you might want to talk with your DME.  Alternatively, put the machine in a bedside drawer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish the Cpap machines would display all the nights results so you know how good you did in the morning.
A basic levil and a more complex one for those that want to know more.
It gets a bit annoying to have to go into clinicians menu just to fine out how many apneas I had last night.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2018, 01:32 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I wish the Cpap machines would display all the nights results so you know how good you did in the morning.
It gets a bit annoying to have to go into clinicians menu just to fine out how many apneas I had last night.

Your Airsense 10 provides detailed sleep report without going into the clinician menu.  Be sure Essentials is set to Plus.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2018, 08:41 AM)Uphill Wrote: How about a small wish? Appropriate lights for the CPAP! I get up multiple times during the night and need to stop my machine, so my CPAP has painters tape on it to try and block the lights. Get rid of the brilliant blue, green and white lights. Red, amber, and orange DIM lights would be better for a device that is supposed to be used while we are sleeping. No reason to shut down melatonin production while we are trying to stay healthy.

Hmm, mine goes dark after a minute or so after the last button press. I also have mine behind me, so I cannot see it anyway.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2018, 04:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 01:32 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I wish the Cpap machines would display all the nights results so you know how good you did in the morning.

Your Airsense 10 provides detailed sleep report without going into the clinician menu.  Be sure Essentials is set to Plus.

Oh-jeez I'll need to check that, it is just remembering to put everything back before a visit to the sleep clinic and seeing the dragon of a nurse!   Rolleyes
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2018, 11:37 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

Hmm, mine goes dark after a minute or so after the last button press. I also have mine behind me, so I cannot see it anyway.

Coffee

That is one thing I wish the cpap machines still had or have.  A dim light so I can look at the display in the dark without blinding everyone.  Starts off very bright, but it goes dark before it even reaches pressure and that is without the ramp function.  My first machine was not very fancy, but it did have L.E.D.s so you know what pressure it was at, that is until it reached its set pressure, then it lit them all.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.