If you use 'PayPal', and like the board...
Peter_C Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: System One DS960HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

Sex: Male

If you use 'PayPal', and like the board...
Just in case no one knows?

If you like/use 'PayPal', you can hit the 'donate' button here on the board, and set-up a *recurring* monthly donation of *ANY* amount for as long (forever), or as little (2 months) as you like.

Being on a fixed income, but wanting to help the board as I can, I figured out how much would be painless for me, and set it up (super easy) as a recurring donation.

My thinking/hope is, while my donation is tiny by itself, if 10, 50, 100 people did the same thing - it could be a big help here. PayPal accepts totally random amounts, so a person could do something like $3.49 per month (or whatever), plus you can of course stop it at any time.

Anyhow - just a thought that I learned during donation week.

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
06-20-2014 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: If you use 'PayPal', and like the board...
(06-20-2014 11:12 AM)Peter_C Wrote:  PayPal accepts totally random amounts, so a person could do something like $3.49 per month (or whatever), plus you can of course stop it at any time.
Good thinking batman Coffee
$3.49 won't buy big Mac but if you happen to be in India, you get 2 big Macs Too-funny
06-20-2014 04:51 PM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

(06-20-2014 11:12 AM)Peter_C Wrote:  Just in case no one knows?

If you like/use 'PayPal', you can hit the 'donate' button here on the board, and set-up a *recurring* monthly donation of *ANY* amount for as long (forever), or as little (2 months) as you like.

Being on a fixed income, but wanting to help the board as I can, I figured out how much would be painless for me, and set it up (super easy) as a recurring donation.

My thinking/hope is, while my donation is tiny by itself, if 10, 50, 100 people did the same thing - it could be a big help here. PayPal accepts totally random amounts, so a person could do something like $3.49 per month (or whatever), plus you can of course stop it at any time.

Anyhow - just a thought that I learned during donation week.

It is a good idea Peter, and I hope more will consider it. I thought about doing it that way, but in the end I just pony up the first of each month as that's when I get my allowance from Mrs. Retired_Guy...... Maybe I should ask her for a raise? On the other hand, I do know her credit card number...................

But the message is the same: A small amount each month regularly given will give Superguy some assurance that he doesn't have to come up with all the bucks himself. ...and I think that's a good thing. One-time gifts are good things too. Maybe a few of those and he could take Mrs. Superguy out to dinner?
06-20-2014 08:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

(06-20-2014 08:46 PM)retired_guy Wrote:  But the message is the same: A small amount each month regularly given will give Superguy some assurance that he doesn't have to come up with all the bucks himself. ...and I think that's a good thing. One-time gifts are good things too. Maybe a few of those and he could take Mrs. Superguy out to dinner?

In case someone misunderstands your humor:

Just to be clear, no money donated to ApneaBoard goes toward anything personal for SuperSleeper or his family. It goes directly to the upkeep of the forum and website.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-20-2014 09:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Opinionated hosehead crashes into Apnea Board GregLawson 43 4,623 12-11-2015 09:36 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  What I love about Apnea Board Gabby 23 3,558 12-11-2015 06:17 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Afib board AfibApnea 14 3,132 02-17-2014 08:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Rainbow New Apnea Board main web site - check it out SuperSleeper 38 12,240 08-03-2012 10:41 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper