Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My blood pressure
RE: My blood pressure
There is nothing against splitting the dosage, per se, unless your doc says otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
good to know thanks
I just was curious if you split the dose it would not have the same effect
Perhaps I will try this then
Post Reply Post Reply
Not after the first few days - once the dosage has built up in the blood stream, the question is always about the half life of the dose, so give it a day or two on full dosage before going to split dosages, and don't dose near bed time - not later than 8 p.m., or even earlier - you will have sleep problems otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok thanks I will give it a couple days then take them in the morning instead
Post Reply Post Reply
No citrus fruits of juices, please - especially grapefruit (I had to think for a whole minute to remember that word - too many languages...)
Post Reply Post Reply
Grapefruit --- that's the one Doc. It interferes with cytochrome P450 isoform CYP3A4 which is involved in the metabolism of many medications.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 04:12 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Honestly, I think anything which raises adrenalin levels (pain, stress, fright, activity, meds) will also raise BP

...and consumption of too much salt. Choke down a pizza or a big bag of chips and watch your blood pressure spike a few hours later.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2014, 10:30 AM)GeoffD Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 04:12 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Honestly, I think anything which raises adrenalin levels (pain, stress, fright, activity, meds) will also raise BP

...and consumption of too much salt. Choke down a pizza or a big bag of chips and watch your blood pressure spike a few hours later.

true. anything which creates water retention, including salt, but also sugar and carbs. specifically it is the water retention that is the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 230 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,646 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 518 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 647 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Impact of blood pressure medication kemeky 16 1,490 01-15-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.