Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ikon+ Auto Help needed
Ikon+ Auto Help needed
My wife's Ikon+ Auto isn't recording any data to the USB. Any ideas? When you plug the memory stick into the unit you get a usb connection symbol flashing on the screen of the Icon indicating it's connecting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ikon+ Auto Help needed
Hi JimK,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and good luck to your wife in getting her machine problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2016, 07:12 PM)JimK Wrote: My wife's Ikon+ Auto isn't recording any data to the USB. Any ideas? When you plug the memory stick into the unit you get a usb connection symbol flashing on the screen of the Icon indicating it's connecting.

If you're using Sleepyhead then I think I have a solution. I had the same thing - plugged the USB into my PC and no data for the previous night. What I discovered is that you still have to import the data every time your put it into your PC, it doesn't download automatically.

So after inserting the Icon USB stick into your PC and opening up Sleepyhead, click on the CPAP SD Import button and Voila! There it is, your latest results.

This might also be similar for other CPAP software.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2016, 07:12 PM)JimK Wrote: My wife's Ikon+ Auto isn't recording any data to the USB. Any ideas? When you plug the memory stick into the unit you get a usb connection symbol flashing on the screen of the Icon indicating it's connecting.

If your Icon is not writing the data to your USB then your computer may have put an extra file on your USB which your Icon doesn't like. You have to remember to "Safely Remove" before your take the USB out of your computer. If your USB is corrupted you can just format it and it will work again. Your Icon will have recorded the files and will automatically write them back on your USB.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2016, 10:10 PM)holden4th Wrote:

If you're using Sleepyhead then I think I have a solution. I had the same thing - plugged the USB into my PC and no data for the previous night. What I discovered is that you still have to import the data every time your put it into your PC, it doesn't download automatically.

So after inserting the Icon USB stick into your PC and opening up Sleepyhead, click on the CPAP SD Import button and Voila! There it is, your latest results.

This might also be similar for other CPAP software.

Nope, there is no data. Sleepyhead gives the message "couldn't find valid machine data" When you navigate to the USB there are no new files. It is not writing any data to the USB.

(02-27-2016, 10:32 PM)Arend Wrote:

If your Icon is not writing the data to your USB then your computer may have put an extra file on your USB which your Icon doesn't like. You have to remember to "Safely Remove" before your take the USB out of your computer. If your USB is corrupted you can just format it and it will work again. Your Icon will have recorded the files and will automatically write them back on your USB.

Reformat the entire USB? There are setup files and a folder structure on there, will they be recreated as well?
Post Reply Post Reply

Quote:Reformat the entire USB? There are setup files and a folder structure on there, will they be recreated as well?

Yes, it will write all the files you need. If you're really worried, make a back up but you won't need it. It will only write the "Icon" directory and its sub-directories and files which is all you need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,534 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,074 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 296 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.